Alberta Cancer Foundation
Until suitable candidate is found.
At the Alberta Cancer Foundation, our vision, our purpose and our values drive everything we do. Our work is grounded in our vision of a cancer-free future and to create more moments for Albertans facing cancer by inspiring our community to give to innovation, detection, treatment and care.
Consider joining our dedicated team to make a difference for Albertans facing cancer with the following opportunity:
Do you have a strong connection to Cancer Care and have a network of people within the Calgary community? The Alberta Cancer Foundation is looking for a Temporary, Full-Time or Part-time Campaign Officer, who knows all the ins and outs of working within a non-profit. Working a hybrid of remotely and in our Calgary office, and reporting to the Director, Major Gifts you will play a critical part to achieving the Foundation’s philanthropic goals for the OWN Cancer Campaign by identifying and attaining high level donors and stakeholders and soliciting six to eight figure gifts.
In this role, you are key to our organization’s success and we love it when you roll up your sleeves to keep us on track.
A typical day in this role will include:
Managing a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors who are in various phases of the development cycle
Leading the solicitation of donors who have capacity for transformational gifts in support to the Calgary Cancer Centre Campaign
Using a variety of tools, including analytics, referrals and prospect research, to identify and qualify new major gift prospects for your pipeline
Represent major gift interests and perspectives in all Foundation activities
Develop networks with the research, medical staff & volunteers at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary Cancer Centre & other AHS Centres to create an understanding of, and to build trust in the community.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have advanced level of experience in complexities of major gifts, their nuances and resolutions
- Demonstrate a proven experience in nurturing and developing a prospect pipeline for specific fundraising cases that align the organization’s priorities with the donors interests
- Have advanced knowledge of major gift fundraising, how wealth is structured, and relevant CRA legislation
- Show initiative, ambition, great customer service including active listening and the ability to establish strong relationships
- Are a professional role-model with a growth mind-set, ensuring the Foundation is held in the highest regard
- Are highly resourceful and solution-focused, with the ability to priorities and deliver on projects & deadlines
- 15+ years of experience working in direct fundraising with a track record in identifying and cultivating relationships and soliciting major gifts
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline
- CFRE would be considered a major asset
- Eligible for work in Canada
- Criminal record check that is satisfactory to the requirements of the Alberta Cancer Foundation.
This temporary position is eligible to participate in the Foundation’s benefit program, which includes:
- Flex Benefit Plan, including Health and Dental Benefits, Health Spending Account, Personal Spending Account, Savings Account (TFSA or Group RRSP), Optional
- Critical Illness and Core Life, AD&D and LTD Insurance, with options
- Paid sick time
- Participation in our Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP) is optional for temporary contracts greater than 6 months
Note: This is a twelve (12) month Temporary Position. Anticipated start for September 2021, with the ending date in September 2022. The end date is subject to change.
This position is located at our Foothills Professional Building in Calgary, Alberta. However, due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, this role will have the ability to remote work.
For more information about the Alberta Cancer Foundation and to apply, please visit our website: https://www.albertacancer.ca/careers/.
Alberta Cancer Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those who are interested in the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.