Communications & Marketing Specialist(Full Time)
ABOUT ST. MARY’S UNIVERSITY:
St. Mary’s University is an innovative teaching and research university that provides affordable, accredited degrees in the Liberal Arts, Sciences and Education. St. Mary’s is the only unaffiliated Catholic university in western Canada and celebrates over 30 years as an educational institution.
Located on a historic site in Calgary, Alberta, our students are inspired to combine academics with a passionate commitment to ethics, social justice and respect for diversity of opinion and belief. St. Mary’s has over 1000 full- and part-time students, 150 full- and part-time faculty and staff, and an average class size of 25.
We are seeking a Communications & Marketing professional who is inspired by our mission, demonstrates a high level of motivation, is willing to accept new challenges, and has the ability to balance diverse workloads to meet deadlines despite pressure and periodic interruptions. The Communications & Marketing Specialist will work closely with the Communications & Marketing Manager to develop and create a variety of communications, alumni and marketing projects to help support and promote St. Mary’s University as the school of choice for post-secondary education.
This position will collaborate with the Advancement and Communication’s team to understand, evaluate, and develop and deliver effective communication and marketing collateral to enhance and elevate St. Mary’s University’s greater profile.
- Maintain St. Mary’s University’s integrity, branding, messaging, and mission.
- Collaborate closely and report to the Communications & Marketing Manager and team to support social media channels.
- Deliver products across the spectrum of St. Mary’s University’s marketing and communications needs contributing both creative and a technical expertise.
- Researching and creating internal and external messages, proposals, reports, and print and web stories.
- Coordinate event logistics to volunteer event committee through the coordination of committee meetings; prepare meeting materials, set up for meeting and minutes.
- Support in-person and virtual/online events
- Assist with community outreach, and donor/supporter communications.
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
- 2-4 years of previous experience in a communications and/or marketing role.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of communications and marketing processes, including writing, editing, print and digital advertising, photography, videography, social media, digital design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and orally), including integrity with sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience with operating a digital SLR camera and digital video camera.
- Ability to multitask diverse workloads and projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams.
- A track record of initiating and completing projects in a timely basis.
- A professional and outgoing manner and ability to interact tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people.
- The ability to work within a team environment but also to work autonomously.
- Advanced skills for all social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Canva, Hootsuite
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs is an asset.
- A valid Alberta Driver’s License.
- Flexibility with work schedule to allow for some meetings and tasks that may be held outside of normal working hours (early mornings, evenings and weekends)
St. Mary’s University offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits program. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line of: “Communications & Marketing Specialist” by end of day on March 31, 2022.
St. Mary’s University is passionate about building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive work environment for students, staff and faculty, where diversity in all areas is celebrated and valued. We encourage any and all qualified individuals to apply. Priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
St. Mary’s University • 14500 Bannister Road SE • Calgary, AB • T2X 1Z4 • Fax: 403.254.3774 • STMU.ca