Children's Cottage Society of Calgary, Alberta Society
Director of Development
The Children’s Cottage Society is a charitable agency established in Calgary in 1986. The Society’s mission is “Building strong children and safe nurturing families through prevention programs and support services.”
We are looking to hire a Director of Development with a passion towards raising funds and awareness to support vulnerable children and families.
This position will have three areas of focus. The successful candidate will have a hands on role with the Society’s 23.5 million dollar Caring Together Campaign, a supportive and strategic role within the Society’s 1.6 million dollar annual fundraising campaign, and a strategic and supportive role in the Society’s communication strategies and requirements.
In this position you will report to the Chief Executive Officer and have three direct reports: a Fund Development Coordinator, a Communications Coordinator, and a Development Assistant.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant area.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in fundraising with a track record of success.
- A strong knowledge base in communications strategies and platforms.
- Capital Campaign experience or knowledge would be highly valued.
- 5 years of experience in leadership and management of staff.
- AFP membership and CFRE designation is considered an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experienced in conducting capital campaigns, operational campaigns, major gifts, and donor stewardship.
- Knowledgeable of the Calgary philanthropic environment.
- Demonstrated experience in producing fundraising materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public and media relations.
- Experience with Fundraising Software (Raiser’s Edge).
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities.
- Annual Fundraising Goals are achieved
- Caring Together Campaign and communication goals are achieved
- All donors and funders are recognized and honored
- Ethical fundraising practices are followed
- Communications to the community and internally are well developed and actively implemented.
- Support and oversee the fund development department to implement and manage a $1.6 million annual fundraising budget and an annual capital fundraising budget.
- Manage and research donor prospect lists, prepare materials and provide support to staff, board members, and volunteers for solicitations.
- Ensure there is a strategy for grant applications. Participate in grant writing.
- Ensure that the Society has and delivers on an annual and effective signature event.
- Ensure that individual, corporate, foundation, and club and group campaigns are planned and executed.
- Provide analysis on fundraising and communications goals monthly to the CEO and quarterly to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee responsible tracking and acknowledgement processes of all fundraising gifts.
- Ensures that there is a communications strategy and work plan for all Children’s Cottage programs, fund raising and agency communications requirements.
- Be adept at public speaking and engaging the interest and support of donors and volunteers in the Society and its fundraising and communications activity. Acts a spokesperson for the Society as required at events and media opportunities.
- Participates in and provides leadership toward a $23.5 million dollar Capital Campaign which is in progress.
- Participates in the development of and execution of ongoing campaign communications.
- Leads cultivation, fund raising, and recognition events.
- Manages and support campaign volunteers/ambassadors.
- Ensures that all donor recognition process are coordinated and communicated.
- Participate in public speaking. Work toward engaging the interest and support of donors and volunteers in the Society and its fundraising and communications activity. Acts a spokesperson for the Society as required at events and media opportunities.
- Develop and implement an ongoing major gifts program.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations quoting Competition #DD2021 to Careers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Until successful candidate is recruited
we appreciate the interest of all applicants however will only contact those invited for an interview.
For more information about the Children’s Cottage, please visit: www.childrenscottage.ab.ca
Post expires at 5:39pm on Thursday June 24th, 2021