The University of Regina’s University Advancement and Communications department is committed to supporting the key priority areas outlined within the University’s Strategic Plan.
The Development unit of University Advancement and Communications is currently seeking three outstanding relationship builders to assume the roles of Faculty Advancement Coordinators with a focus on implementing the University’s Advancement strategies within an assigned Faculty and facilitate the ongoing development of a culture of philanthropy at and for the University and the Faculty.
This position works collaboratively with University Advancement and Communications, the Faculty members, their student organizations, and alumni to cultivate meaningful long term relationships with donors, prospective donors, alumni, current students, friends and other stakeholders of the assigned Faculty and the University overall, to build alumni engagement and maximize success of the University’s overall fundraising objectives and initiatives with a focus on the priorities and needs of the assigned Faculty.
Reporting to management within the Development Unit and working closely with a team of development professionals, the successful applicant will:
– Achieve fundraising targets through the identification/solicitation of prospective and current donors that would have an interest in/affiliation with the assigned Faculty;
– Coordinate the efforts of the Faculty and the Advancement team in creating increased alumni and community engagement for the assigned Faculty;
– Oversee and manage all Faculty based donor acknowledgement and recognition activities;
– Continually maintain Raiser’s Edge through regular action updates, contact updates and other information as received; and,
– Facilitate and coordinate the engagement of current students and student groups as an aspect of the Faculty’s advancement strategy.
– Identify and engage potential donors for the assigned Faculty;
– Manage a portfolio of prospects and donors to secure and continue donor support;
– Develop and implement strategies to ensure long term relationships with donors;
– In coordination with University Advancement & Communication’s Alumni and Community Engagement team and the Faculty alumni group(s), develop and action the Faculty’s alumni engagement strategy;
– Create, maintain, and implement stewardship for assigned Faculty in collaboration with Stewardship Officer;
– Continually maintain Raiser’s Edge through regular action updates, contact updates and other information as received;
– Work with student groups, Dean and Development unit to coordinate Faculty and student groups’ relationship with sponsors, donors, and alumni;
– Ensure all project and donor information collected is captured and used appropriately in the best interests of the donor and the institution; and,
– Adhere to the policies, processes and procedures established by the University and University Advancement and Communications specifically regarding gift acceptance, naming and recognition.
– Undergraduate degree in a related field, with a minimum of 3 years of direct fundraising experience which includes: managing a portfolio of donors; developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships; stewardship, event planning, and developing and managing donor communications;
– Must be able to build outstanding relationships with donors including alumni and present a professional, passionate and inspiring perspective of the University of Regina;
– Demonstrated understanding of fundraising methodology and/or relationship management and client cycles;
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and have experience in tracking confidential records and financial information;
– Direct experience working in complex database systems such as Raiser’s Edge;
– Equivalent education and fundraising experience may be considered;
– Experience in interpreting and applying policies and procedures;
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook-GroupWise;
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
– Must have the ability to accurately create, compose and edit a variety of written and electronic documents;
– Be creative, resourceful, innovative and exhibit the ability to exercise leadership and function in a team-oriented environment;
– Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to negotiate realistic time frames for the completion of tasks and projects;
– Recognize problems quickly and effectively facilitate solutions;
– Ability to work under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines and take initiative; and,
– Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and travel within and outside the province and country when required.
Duration: 19 month term
Number of Vacancies: 3
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Salary Range: $64,683.00 – $87,291 Annually
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with some evening and weekend hours as required
Job Close Date: 03/18/2021