The Fundraising and Development Coordinator initiates, develops, and leads fundraising for L’Arche Calgary in accordance with the Vision and Mission of L’Arche, government regulations, and L’Arche Calgary Policies and Guidelines.
Primary areas of focus are direct mailings, grants, annual appeal portfolios, corporate and media support, donor research, special fundraising events and various forms of public relations, marketing, and communications. Support for this position is supplied by the Communications Assistant.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Community Leader/Executive Director, the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team of L’Arche Calgary and/or other personnel as required
- Participate in strategic planning, operational planning, and the budgeting process
- Prepare and provide monthly progress reports to the Executive Director and Property and Finance Committee
- Develop policies and guidelines with the Leadership Team which reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Communication Assistant
- Chairing monthly Development Committee
- Collect and manage information regarding donors, including acknowledgements and cultivating relationships with loyal and potential donors
- Planning/organizing the Annual Run for L’Arche in conjunction with the Run for L’Arche Committee
- Create and implement a multi-year Development plan that increases revenues and awareness to support the strategic direction and mandate of L’Arche Calgary
- Implement the Development plan in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in Canada, Alberta, the Calgary Region, and the local community and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
- Oversee the administration of the donor mailing list(s) and database, respecting the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance, oversee the receipting process, including in-kind donations and related receipts
· Commitment and ability to understand and articulate the mission and vision of L’Arche.
· Proven ability to lead, develop and implement fundraising initiatives.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skill in developing donor relationships with foundations, service organizations, corporations, and individuals.
· Knowledge and experience in the full fund Development mix, including annual giving, events, major gifts, grants, and planned giving.
· Proven track record in Major Gift fundraising
· Demonstrated knowledge and skill in developing and implementing public relations, communications, and marketing strategies.
· Experience in fundraising for capital projects is an asset.
· Strong written and verbal presentation and communication skills .
· Excellent demonstrated interpersonal and relationship skills.
· Minimum of 5 years working experience in the field of fund Development in the voluntary sector.
· Undergraduate degree and certification in fund Development and/or marketing preferred.
· Current member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
· Competence in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet.
· Intermediate to advanced understanding of a donor management database; experience using fundraising software is an asset.
· Clear police check including vulnerable sector screening.
- 40 hours per week
- Vacation per L’Arche Calgary Policy
- Competitive salary
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Benefit package
For those interested, please visit our website to see the role description www.larchecalgary.org . Applicants are to submit a cover letter and résumé no later than 30 September 2022, 5 pm, to
Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.