Manager, Research & Prospect Management
At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, UM is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
The Manager, Research and Prospect Management directs a comprehensive prospect development program for the University of Manitoba. You will be responsible for providing analysis and recommendations to the other divisions within External Relations (Marketing Communications and Government Relations). Acting as a key member of the Donor Relations Management Team, you will participate in the overall management of the department.
This position can work remotely and there are no geographical restrictions.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- University Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Five years’ experience in managing staff in Advancement Information Services or equivalent setting.
- Strong experience working in a multi-faceted organization, preferably in post-secondary education.
- Strong experience managing and supervising a team comprised of interconnected areas.
- Direct knowledge and experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar advancement databases.
- Direct experience in analytics, information management, database administration, and senior level project management in relation to fundraising or information management.
- Direct knowledge and experience in gift processing and fulfilment.
- Direct knowledge and experience in a fundraising organization preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=15638
Closing Date: August 27, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of “The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy” (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.