(Leave blank if open until position is filled)
Monday April 26, 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time Standard Time
(Recommended to include, but not required)
$26.00 per hour
Calgary Pride has been serving Calgary since 1990 and remains a vital part of the local gender and sexually diverse community, positioning Calgary as a 2SLGBTQ+ destination for both national and international visitors. Calgary Pride is a not-for-profit organization that exists to promote equality and celebrate Calgary’s diversity. Currently, Calgary Pride’s strategic plan is focused on increasing community involvement, growing the signature annual Calgary Pride Festival, and increasing financial stability.
This role is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program and therefore candidates must be aged 18-30 years. Preference will be given to individuals who identify within the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Development & Membership Manager, the Marketing & Fund Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for executing social media, marketing, and funder communications campaigns. They ensure consistent brand voice within the organizational storytelling, interacting with the members of the public via social media, and with community and corporate partners, on behalf of Calgary Pride.
Our chosen candidate would be required to engage in the below responsibilities in a manner that reflects the organization’s core values, mission and vision:
Social Media & Marketing
- Running company social media advertising and organic marketing campaigns
- Formulating high-quality written and visual content for each social media campaign
- Monitoring the organization’s brand on social media and in the Calgary Pride app
- Building brand awareness by engaging relevant influencers
- Managing Calgary Pride’s online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement; responding to comments and direct messages
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans as outlined in Asana
- Organizing, attending and participating in committee meetings
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Ensuring project deadlines are met and documented in Asana, a cloud based project management software
- Determining project changes, and providing ideas for scope
- Ensuring social media and marketing projects adhere to organizational frameworks and that all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Creating engaging copy to build and stewards strong relationships with Calgary Pride corporate partners, and grantors
- Assist in the development and delivery of marketing, communications, and social media for stewardship of Calgary Pride Partners
- Works to connect corporations and individuals into Calgary Pride opportunities via compelling written proposals and presentations, storytelling, and impact reporting.
- Act as an ambassador to promote Calgary Pride’s mandate and vision throughout Calgary
Please clearly demonstrate in your application how you meet the following qualifications:
- Graphic Design, Information Design, Public Relations, Copywriting, Marketing certification and/or equivalent experience considered an asset
- Comfort working with Adobe Creative Suite programs and/or Hootsuite considered an asset
- Extremely comfortable working with and learning new software
- Experience in soliciting and stewarding sponsorships and raising funds from events
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative, ability to build productive internal and external relationships with staff, donors, volunteers, and vendors.
- Flexible schedule and ability to set hours as needed, and availability to spend time attending community events
- Possess a passion for the community, and demonstrate an understanding of current challenges and opportunities faced by gender and sexually diverse communities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of, including a diversity, equity and inclusion lens into social media, fund development and marketing campaigns.
- Aptitude to critically think, work with complexity, and prioritize changing demands.
Calgary Pride is an equal opportunity employer, is strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages applications from gender and sexually diverse candidates, racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.
Application Process – DO NOT email
All applicants will be required to provide the below, when completing their application ONLINE. Please be prepared to include your response along with your resume when you submit your application.
The development team has received a partnership interest form from an oil and gas company who is interested in a Diamond level partnership for Pride 2021. Please provide a draft response.
Please draft a series of three social media posts promoting our Reading with Royalty program. Include graphics, content, hashtags and/or links.
Please note that graphics and content provided are for the sole purpose of this application
- Submit your application, and resume no later than Monday April 26, 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time Here. Bitly: https://bit.ly/3x2wLkU
- Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 per hour
Benefits: Work from home
Monday to Friday
All work will be performed remotely, from home.
Remote interview process
Social distancing guidelines in place
Post expires at 5:52pm on Tuesday June 22nd, 2021