WHY JOIN THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (CCS)?
We are the only national charity that supports Canadians with all cancers in communities across the country—no other organization does what we do. As the voice for Canadians who care about cancer, we fund groundbreaking research, provide trusted information about cancer, offer a support system to help people with cancer and their families cope, and shape health policies to prevent cancer and support those living with the disease.
With the help of hundreds of thousands of people that the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) brings together, we are a force-for-life in the face of cancer. Join us and you can work with passionate and committed individuals from coast to coast who are working to improve the cancer experience by helping people live longer and enhancing their quality of life.
To learn more about us, visit cancer.ca.
Reporting to the Manager, Signature Programs, the Specialist is accountable for implementing Signature Programs strategies, including Run for the Cure and Relay For Life Community, and achieving identified targets as outlined in the department plan. This includes maximizing revenue through building relationships with and coaching event organizing committees, event sponsors and key event stakeholders, as well as ensuring sound operational execution.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- In collaboration with the Manager, contributes to a defined project stream related to Signature Programs, developing and delivering tools and associated training to support the Signature Programs function at CCS;
- Assist with the effective implementation and execution of assigned signature programs and meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets;
- Identifies creative and innovative opportunities in the development or enhancement of existing Signature Programs;
- Participates in team initiatives to revise or enhance Signature Programs strategies or to implement new activities and to conduct regular evaluations of events;
- Follows all guidelines established by national leadership including, Marketing, Communications, Digital Support, Team People, IT and others;
- Maintains the integrity of the CRM by complying with policies and procedures for data collection and entry systems;
- Manages and executes a specific signature programs portfolio fostering relationships by implementing national strategies for assigned events to help grow revenue, participation and sponsorship;
- Provides leadership and support to assigned organizing committees. Coaches leadership volunteers to ensure sound implementation of community engagement strategies and operational plans of assigned events;
- Actively seek and secure new business for the CCS by prospecting, approaching and pitching to new and existing contacts;
- Works collaboratively with CCS corporate team to implement sponsorship solicitation, acquisition and stewardship strategies for assigned events.
- Completion of related post-secondary education, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 1-3 year of job-related experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of Special Event fundraising as a component of an overall community giving plan;
- A demonstrated donor centric approach to fundraising;
- Experience leading high-calibre volunteer organizing committees;
- Strong project management, event management and relationship management skills;
- Experience negotiating and fulfilling event related sponsorship and operational contracts;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and proven interpersonal skills, including presentation and facilitation skills;
- Negotiation, problem-solving and diplomacy skills to resolve issues with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and maturity in dealings with a variety of constituents;
- Proven ability to accomplish goals and establish priorities with minimal direction;
- Ability to travel within Canada – i.e. a valid Driver’s License;
- A flexible schedule which allows for multiple after-hours events and meetings;
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is considered an asset;
Languages: English, French is an asset.
Working remotely until the reopening of our offices.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to help make a difference in the lives of Canadians with cancer and their families. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
For internal candidates, this position is assigned to salary band 4.
CCS is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of CCS to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about CCS premises or while carrying out CCS business.