Director of Fundraising & Alumni Relations
Reports to: Vice-President, Partnerships and Marketing
Alpine Canada Alpine (ACA) is the national governing body for Ski Racing in Canada and home to three of Canada’s most exciting snow sports: Alpine, Para-Alpine and Ski Cross Racing. The organization has an engaged Board of Directors and senior management leadership that are committed to a vision for Canada to be a World- leading ski racing nation inspired by the passion and performance of Canada’s ski teams. Our mission is to increase Canadian Ski Racing podium performances AND inspire growth in participation and fans.
We are currently seeking an experienced fundraiser to join our organization in the role of Director of Fundraising & Alumni Relations.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Partnerships and Marketing, the Director of Fundraising and Alumni relations will provide leadership and management of philanthropic fundraising from philanthropists and sport enthusiasts to support high performance ski racing in Canada. In line with ACA’s strategic plan, the Director will work to diversify and grow revenue, build awareness for Alpine Canada’s Ski Teams, provide a high level of donor stewardship, and continue building fundraising operational excellence.
The successful candidate will be a fundraiser with a proven track record of successful relationship management and individual gift solicitations at all levels. The Director is accountable for driving fundraising growth and achieving stretch targets to support our mission. There is significant opportunity for the Director to leverage relationships with a committed and highly influential board, as well as a community of alumni, and to transform those relationships into donations to support the team.
- Provide leadership and expertise to continue to build philanthropy as a core competency of ACA
- Develop and implement all fundraising initiatives, ensuring that ACA conforms to the highest standards of ethical fundraising, transparency, and accountability
- Demonstrate a high degree of competency in the in creation of goals and budgets for fundraising projects, including measurement, analytics, communication, and reporting
- Contribute to and lead creative processes to develop and initiate campaigns that compel community engagement and yield positive revenue generation
- Manage current donor relationships respectfully and effectively with a donor-centered approach
- Take ownership of ACA’s donor and alumni experience, stewardship, and communications plans that generate a high degree of satisfaction from internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the development and maintenance of robust prospect pipelines for all donor segments
- Identify, recruit, and build relationships with new donors
- Develop and prioritize cultivation and solicitation strategies and manage solicitation efforts in support of the funding priorities
- Ensure effective lead and contact management using ACA’s database
- Manage gift processing and donor stewardship
- Plan and execute cultivation and stewardship events
- Lead the strategy and implementation for digital fundraising campaigns
- Full Time
- Calgary office preferred, but open to Toronto or other locations in Canada for the right candidate
- Some travel will be required
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant area
- At least 5-7+ years progressive experience in fundraising and revenue generation
- Experience in major gift, annual and digital fundraising, with a proven track record of successful gift solicitation and confirmation
- Experience in recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers as well as Board Members to open doors and support the fundraising effort
- Fluent and proficient understanding of CRA policies and procedures pertaining to fundraising
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and critical thinking skills and leverage risks and opportunities
- Successful track record in building and executing a fundraising strategy, setting priorities, and managing multiple projects to achieve organizational goals
- Exceptional service orientation and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence others
- Experience working in Mailchimp, social media platforms and Blackbaud CRM’s
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, organized, and proactive
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to operate with a scarcity mindset
- Passion for sport as a tool for nation building is a must and for ski racing an asset
- CFRE designation and membership with AFP considered an asset
- Bilingual English / French candidate is an asset
The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with experience driving results in complex workplace and stakeholder environments. Advanced ability working with MS office applications is required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place via teleconference.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.