Hospitals of Regina Foundation (HRF) is dedicated to improving patients’ lives by raising funds for the advancement of health care in our community. For 35 years, the Foundation has raised more than $230 million and supported a full range of enhanced health care services, research, fellowships and education for Regina’s three hospitals – Regina General Hospital, Pasqua Hospital and Wascana Rehabilitation Centre. The lives of thousands of people are made better each year, thanks to our efforts and the community’s generosity.
Reporting to the Director, Development, the Major Gift Officer is responsible for managing a pool of prospects and securing major gifts in support of the Foundation’s mission. Goal oriented, interested in building a career in major gift fundraising and committed to success, the candidate possesses great relationship building skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Personally manage a portfolio of approximately 150 major gift donors and prospects for personal, face-to-face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- In collaboration with the Director and the Development team, formulate strategic and tactical plans for the successful cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects and ensure personalized recognition and stewardship of donors
- Achieve ambitious major gift activity levels and fundraising goals
- Develop customized, high-quality and compelling major gifts proposals and stewardship impact reports
- Actively engage and steward all donors in the portfolio through regular, thoughtful and strategic stewardship moves
- Support fellow fundraising staff, participate in professional development and foster an environment of continuous learning and improvement
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong relationship building skills
- Confidence and aptitude for verbal communication, including passionately communicating about the organization’s mission
- Exceptional communications skills; a tactful and diplomatic communicator and strong writer
- High level of personal and professional integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour
- Self-starter who takes initiative and always follows through on a commitment
- Ability and interest in working in a high-performing, highly professional environment
- Goal oriented, with a strong commitment to success
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team
- An organized individual with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, creativity and excellent time management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or post-secondary diploma
- One or more years of experience working in non-profit sector, preferably major gift fundraising or related experience
- Proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other database management skills highly desirable, though not required
The Major Gift Officer works 37.5 hours per week in a hospital office environment. Occasional work outside of regular office hours will be required during periods of peak activity and at special events. Work will require travel within Regina and rarely, southern Saskatchewan.
The Foundation has a generous benefits package for the successful candidate that includes professional development, a strong health and dental plan, a group RRSP with contributions matched by the Foundation and significant opportunities for growth.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to:
Jessica Rawn, CFRE, Director, Development