UNITED CHURCH OF CANADA (UCC)
Posted On: January 4, 2023
Closing On: January 16, 2023
Salary Range: $53,585 to $71,446
The Philanthropy Unit of the UCC is seeking an individual to fill the role of Mid-Level Giving Associate on a full-time (35 hours/week) basis. The UCC seeks to be a bold, connecting, evolving church of diverse, courageous, hope-filled communities united in deep spirituality, inspiring worship and daring justice.
Within this context, raising gifts for Mission and Service, which is the main source of funding for the ongoing work of The UCC is the goal of the Unit. The Unit also provides staff support for The United Church of Canada Foundation (UCCF) which is focused on fostering deep spirituality, bold discipleship, and daring justice through the attraction and deployment of financial resources. The team is highly dedicated, passionate, and focused on sharing opportunities for donors to help transform lives, inspire meaning and purpose, and build a better world.
The Mid-Level Giving Associate’s primary objective is to develop relationships built on a firm understanding of donors’ interests, passions and values. They exemplify and model a donor centered approach and play a lead role in stewardship, moves-management, soliciting and closing mid-level gifts ($500 – $3,000). The main areas of focus are: Relationship Management and Solicitation, Individual Donor Cultivation and Stewardship, and Collaboration and Teamwork.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary education preferably in fundraising
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising
- Membership in AFP or equivalent association is desired
- Experience and a proven track record of soliciting gifts of $1,000 and more
- Excellent relational and inter-personal communication skills
- Strong database management and computer skills in various Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and Dynamics 365)
- Ability to communicate Stewardship as a way of life
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision-attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Strong organizational, project/time management, administrative and analytical skills, detail-oriented, with strong follow through
- Sensitivity to, and skills in, nurturing donor relationships together with a high degree of tact
- A motivated self-starter capable of identifying need and taking collaborative action
- Works well within a team environment
- Hybrid workplace – may work from home or come into the Toronto office
- Ability to work in other languages other than English would be considered an asset
Commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
This position works from a home office and from time to time, works from the General Council Office located in Toronto, Ontario Occasional overtime may be required.
Salary will be based on skills and experience, within the category 5 salary range of $53,585 to $71,446. Pension and group benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out this compensation package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please quote the job number in your application.