Thank you for helping us celebrate philanthropy in Calgary through nominating deserving individuals and organizations for this year’s National Philanthropy Day. The information below will provide you with the materials you will need to gather for a successful nomination. Each category has a separate nomination form which you can find by hovering your cursor over the NPD/GOS menu link that brought you to this page. Click on the award you wish to nominate your donor(s) for and you will go directly to that form. Your online form can be saved, and a link will be sent to you to resume editing, when you select Save and Continue. You do not have to be a member of AFP to enter a nomination – though we wish you were! Please note that Nominees must serve in AFP Calgary & Area’s geographic area. Posthumous nominations are accepted, however the Nominee must have been alive prior to November 2021. All nominations stand for two years.
Good luck with your nomination!
Each nomination form will require the following information:
- Contact information about your Nominee.
- Your contact information (as the nominator) and (optionally), a secondary nominator.
You will be asked to complete the following four (4) questions and provide a quote from your Nominee; and in the case of the LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT award there is an additional fifth (5th) question. You have 3,000 characters or approximately 500 words for each answer, so choose your words wisely! Here are the questions:
- Evidence of direct gift support.
- Evidence of encouragement and motivation given to others to take leadership roles in philanthropy.
- Tell us what makes this Nominee unique in their philanthropy that has led you to want to nominate them for this award.
- Evidence of impact as a result of their philanthropy. Please provide us with an impact story from your organization that demonstrates the contribution to achieving the mission of your organization.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – ADDITIONAL QUESTION:
Describe the history and impact of the Nominee’s philanthropic activity in the community?
All of the information you require for the Nomination package is included in our Guidebook that you can download here:
You will be required to complete the Nominee disclaimer form which must be signed by your Nominee. Please upload that form for a complete nomination package.
You can download the Nominee Disclaimer form here:
This year, only ONE letter of support is required for each nomination application. This supporting letter MUST be from an external individual, organization, or company from the nominating organization. It cannot be from a board member of the nominating organization. Please upload a pdf version only.
Your online form can be saved, and a link will be sent to you to resume editing, when you select Save and Continue. Nomination questions are on PAGE 2, and PAGE 3 is the checklist and confirmations required before submitting your nomination
- Nominators may submit nominations in more than one category for the same nominee or multiple nominees
- Nominations must be submitted on the AFP Calgary & Area Chapter website fillable form
- Joint nominations from individuals or organizations are encouraged (maximum of 2). Please include a contact person for each nominating organization
- Re-submission of previous nominees who have not been selected is encouraged.
- Posthumous nominations will be accepted (in all categories) however only in the year following their passing; for this application individuals who passed away after November 2021
- Nominations will be held-over for two years. Therefore, if your nominee is not selected this year, their nomination will be considered again in 2023. You must agree to this in the application to ensure you are in agreement with this. Nominating organizations may opt out of this if they choose.
- ONE letter of support is required for each nomination application. This supporting letter MUST be from an external individual, organization or company from the nominating organization. It cannot be from a board member of the nominating organization.
- Executive directors and staff are prohibited from supplying the Letter of support for
- In order to best serve your nomination, the GOS Jury man move your nominee to a more appropriate category. If this is the case, you will be consulted prior to final selection of the award category.
- In the case of Corporate/Small Business categories, the Nominee’s support MUST be philanthropic in nature, rather than sponsorship or cause marketing.
- Specific/singular special events CANNOT be nominated. Events or a series of events can be PART of an overall philanthropic program, strategy or engagement but one cannot be the sole focus of the Nominees involvement
- Family Foundations cannot be nominated; the family themselves may be nominated
- The Nominee may have received the GOS Award previously, but it must be more than 5 years ago. Please check with the AFP Calgary & Area website for details, or contact the Chapter Administrator
- No materials other than those outlined will be accepted. Any additional material will be discarded.
- Late submissions will not be accepted or considered