Full Time Position
We are seeking a highly skilled, incredibly organized, and experienced Development Manager who is enthusiastic, thoughtful, thorough, and committed to excellence. The successful candidate will work closely with and report to the Executive Director and work in collaboration with the Development Coordinator and our volunteers.
In this role, you will be responsible for RESET’s Annual Fund Development program, including overseeing the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising. This includes major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, in-kind resources, special events, annual conferences, volunteer management as well as cohesive comprehensive messaging across all organizational communications channels and mediums and establishes and sustains constructive community partnerships and collaborative networks to further RESET Society mission, vision and programming goals.
Founded in 1989, RESET Society of Calgary is an award-winning registered charity that provides a comprehensive, recovery-oriented program for women and girls as young as 16 seeking an exit from sexual exploitation. The EXploitation Intervention & Transition (EXIT) Program provides relationship-based, individualized programs that include supported housing, a recovery-oriented life-skills classroom, educational support, employment training and work experience and community support.
For sexually exploited women and girls to know there is a way out.
To provide comprehensive individualized support and safe housing to women and girls age 16 and over exiting sexual exploitation and sex trafficking so that they may transform their lives.
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Who are you?
- You have a demonstrated track record in providing strategic direction and successful implementation of Fund Development programs. You have exceptional writing skills for direct mail and donor-centric communications.
- You are a subject matter expert, who stays on top of the latest fundraising trends and innovative practices.
- You have superior knowledge of utilizing fundraising databases to optimize segmentation, coding, and general donor management.
- You enjoy autonomy and can work both independently and as part of a team.
- You are creative, considerate and collaborative, with a passion for driving results.
- You are known for thriving in a fast-paced environment with deadlines, and possess excellent organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple portfolios in a timely and efficient manner
- You are solution-oriented, proactive and demonstrate initiative.
What you will do:
Support RESET’s Executive Director and Board of Directors in defining a strategic approach to fundraising and resource development that best supports programming directives linked to, and guided by, the goals, mission, vision, and principles of RESET.
- Creatively and analytically develop a Fund Development strategy, which includes private and corporate giving, sponsorships, employee giving programs, gift-in-kind strategies, internal and external processes and policies, monthly giving, annual giving campaign, planned giving, annual Development plan, and budget.
- Create proposals, case statements for submission to funding RFP’s.
- Prepare written/data progress reports and other communication materials for all stakeholders as required (RESET Management, Board, funders, potential funders, donors).
Accountability for building major gift donor’s support through identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual, corporate and foundation partnerships.
- Manage employees, volunteers, and provide job coaching to work experiences trainees.
- Maintain donor database (e-Tapestry), prepare accurate receipting for donors that meet CRA requirements, keep accurate records for financial audits.
- Oversee filing system; hard copy and electronic copies of tax receipts, donations not requiring tax receipts, historical items/projects, inventory, CanadaHelps gifts.
- Perform all duties in an ethical manner, and will follow the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.
Provide leadership in the development, organization, administration, and management of donor recognition events, special events, fundraising activities (RESET organized and third party) including keeping pre and post event details. Events include but are not limited to: Annual Book Sale, Anniversary Celebration, annual Christmas Campaign including Adopt-A-Family and Food Hampers, Community Events etc. Note: This will include evening and weekend work on occasion.
- Full cycle management of the Sexual Exploitation & Trafficking Awareness (SETA) Conference including budget development, Call for Proposals administration, sponsorship research and proposals, vendor and speaker contracts, venue research and contract management, event promotion, delegate registration and hospitality and event evaluation and final reporting.
- Administer Data Management Systems.
- Manage portfolio of sponsors and prospective sponsors and gift in kind donors.
Recruit, screen, orient and train volunteers according to RESET policy
Volunteer Recognition including special recognition, celebrations and awards.
- Complete volunteer and event paperwork.
- Manage RESET communications channels to ensure compliance with RESET language standardization guide and key messaging, and applying gender, familial status, program relevant, and cultural sensitivity lenses to support all public awareness, fundraising and programming goals and collateral as well as clearly defining and conveying the RESET mission and vision.
- Liaise with the RESET Stakeholder & Development Committee, in their mandate to promote RESET mission and vision statement and guiding principles.
- Project management, creation and distribution of identified effective RESET communications collateral (Annual Report, Cry of the Streets, Brochures, Leaflets and Presentations).
- Social Media, eNewsletter and Website content management.
- Act as a representative/point of contact for RESET, attend speaking engagements, engage media on fundraising activities.
- Develop presentations/identifies presentation opportunities to enhance community awareness and engagement.
- Support the strategic planning and execution of RESET events to increase awareness of RESET services and client issues, cultivate donors, and enhance the profile of the agency as a leader within its field.
- Establish/support/develop/maintain connections with Calgary based provincial, national and international organizations, stakeholders, as well as local, provincial and national political leaders to advance policy proposals, advocacy efforts and awareness of RESET organizational goals and identified client needs.
- Ensure all personal information use, collection, disclosure and storage complies with relevant legislation and ethical standards.
- University degree or relevant post–secondary education
- Minimum of 5 years progressive fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Current membership in Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP); CFRE or similar professional designation would be an asset
- Knowledge of a broad range of successful fund development techniques, strategies, and systems
- Expertise in direct mail and digital marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated track record in gift cultivation and solicitation activity
- Intermediate to advanced experience using a donor management database, experience using eTapestry is an asset
- Experience with event management, volunteer coordination
- Strong communication skills and well developed interpersonal skills to work with a broad range of donors, professional advisors, board members, volunteer and staff
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands with a very strong attention to detail and logistics
- Solid understanding of budgets and financial reporting
- Management experience required
- Strong level of professionalism and maturity
- Class 5 Driver’s License with Abstract
- A strong commitment to the mission of RESET
- This position is expected to demonstrate a posture of Servant Leadership, compassion and understanding towards the clientele we serve, and a demonstrated commitment to the positive development of the RESET team and community.
Position available immediately. Competition will close when a suitable candidate is found. RESET Society offers a dynamic and flexible work environment with an attractive benefits package.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume with salary expectations in confidence to:
Theresa Jenkins, Executive Director: email@example.com
No phone calls please. For organizational information visit www.RESETCalgary.ca
We appreciate all applicants but will only be contacting those who are short listed for interviews.
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.