Director of Development
WHY JOIN THE HOSPITALS OF REGINA FOUNDATION TEAM?
Donors are at the heart of Hospitals of Regina Foundation (HRF) and what it does. The Foundation has a healthy, collaborative work environment, offering:
- A strong leadership team with 70+ years combined experience focused on best practice, excellence, and high-performing programs and employees
- An opportunity to join a dedicated, top-notch team, expand your skills beyond Annual Giving and collaborate with the Senior VP and CEO on high-level strategic philanthropic gifts
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM HRF
HRF offers meaningful opportunities to help make a difference in the lives of families living in southern Saskatchewan. It is committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
- Donor-centered Fundamental interests and aspirations of our donors are paramount in our fundraising activities and stewardship
- Working in partnership Continual fostering and strengthening of relationships within our community
- Forward-thinking Innovative decision-making based on sound information
- Results-driven Dedication to the fulfillment of our vision and mission
- Integrity Professionalism and ethical standards guide all that we do
In return for your skills and dedication, the Foundation offers an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day. HRF will support:
- Your moving expenses and assistance with settlement
- Professional advancement: your AFP membership fees, one annual conference and, should you choose to write your CFRE, HRF will cover your exam fees
HOSPITALS OF REGINA FOUNDATION
The Foundation raises funds for Regina’s three hospitals – Pasqua Hospital, Regina General Hospital and Wascana Rehabilitation Centre. With a team of 14, HRF raises between $10-$12 million each year through annual giving, major and planned gifts, special events and a home lottery program.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Director, Development is responsible for the planning, execution, management and growth of a comprehensive annual giving program and for personally managing a prospect pool of donors for the Foundation. The successful candidate has significant annual giving experience, is a strong leader and will provide mentorship to the annual giving team. Direct reports currently include the Manager, Annual Giving and the Development Officer, Events. The Director also has some experience managing individual donor relationships and cultivating/soliciting individual gifts. This is an excellent career-making opportunity for an adventurous fundraising professional who is looking to use their skills and add to their expertise in other areas.
- Minimum seven to ten years of broad-based experience in fundraising; at least five of which should be in Annual Giving; ideally experience in a like-sized, sophisticated fundraising shop
- Strong understanding of Annual Giving revenue streams: direct response, digital fundraising, monthly giving, intermediate annual giving and special events
- Understanding of Annual Giving best practice, current market conditions and revenue generation trends that could impact Annual Giving strategies
- Some experience in managing individual donors
- Demonstrated growth in the fundraising profession and a proven track record of success
- Leadership experience with responsibilities for direct supervision of staff and demonstrated success in mentoring
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-performing, highly professional and results oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of, and strong commitment to, fundraising ethical principles
- Experience in budget creation and control
- Highly developed organizational and problem-solving skills
- Raisers Edge skills highly desirable
- Some experience in planning /executing successful special events
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency rules and guidelines for generating tax receipts for donations and events
- A passion for revenue generation and program growth
- Experience coaching and mentoring an annual giving team to achieve ambitious targets
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the Foundation
- A commitment to the fundraising profession and willingness to grow professionally
- University degree or post-secondary diploma
- CFRE considered an asset
LIVING IN REGINA
Regina is the capital of Saskatchewan and has a population of 236,481; it is located in the south-central area of the province and is the sunniest capital city in Canada. In addition to being a very livable city in terms of amenities, no traffic, short commute times and green space, Regina has one of the lowest housing costs in the country. According to the MLS Home Price Index (Nov 2021), the average price of a home in Regina is $286,600. If you are looking to get into the real-estate market and build some equity in a home, Regina offers a great opportunity. Should renting be more your style, there are many rental options. The average two-bedroom apartment/condo rental prices range between $800-$1,500 per month, depending on location. With over 830 hectares of parks and 120 km of pathways, Regina has a wealth of green spaces and an abundance of sport and recreation facilities. Residents enjoy arts and cultural centres, museums and performance spaces, major attractions and events all year round; there is something for everyone.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $90,000 – $115,000 plus a strong benefits package (commensurate with experience)
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Hospitals of Regina Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
For additional information, please reach out to Gina Eisler at 647.529.5106 or 866.647.5149. A full position profile is available; please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy.
To submit your application by March 28, 2022, please visit
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.