At Parks Foundation, our donors and partners mean the world to us. We have a long history of working with philanthropists and funders to bring transformative outdoor projects to life. As the demand for parks, pathways, playgrounds and sports projects continues to grow, we are keen to ensure our fund development strategy supports the future growth of the organization.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Fund Development Specialist to help steward relationships with donors, identify prospects, and increase financial support for the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong emotional intelligence and superior communications skills.
This is a 12-month, full-time contract position.
• Plan and implement fund development activities
• Ensure all fundraising activities are tracked, evaluated and results are shared with leadership team
• Maintain a portfolio of donors at levels adequate for fundraising success
• Support the leadership team to solicit and secure major gifts
• Increase engagement with donors at all levels
• Establish and grow a legacy giving program
• Model and support a culture of philanthropy
• Attend fundraising events and donor meetings
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by identifying growth needs and engaging in educational opportunities as available and approved by management
• Contributes to a collaborative team culture by offering to help colleagues where and when needed
• Complies with all Parks Foundation Calgary policies and procedures, as may be amended from time to time
• Completes other duties as assigned
• Must have access to a vehicle
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree and a minimum of five years in a nonprofit fundraising setting
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Experience using fundraising databases (e.g. e-Tapestry, Raisers Edge)
Hours and Salary
• Work hours are typically Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 4:00 with a 30 minute lunch break
• Projects, workload or events may necessitate work outside these regular hours, on evenings or weekends
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Attn: Hiring Manager
No phone calls please.
Parks Foundation Calgary is committed to equality and diversity within our workforce. We encourage applications from a range of backgrounds and are committed to having a team that is made up of different skills, experiences and abilities.