Hospice Calgary has been guiding children, teens, and adults through the grieving process as they face advanced illness and death of a loved one for over 30 years. Our team of professionals provide individual, family and group support as well as 24-hour end-of-life care. We promise to have the difficult conversations about death, dying, and grief while hearing everyone’s unique story and responding with compassion.
The Fund Development Officer will be responsible for advancing the mission of Hospice Calgary’s programs by fostering strong relationships with donors and volunteers. The Fund Development Officer will generate donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations by managing a portfolio of donors and prospects.
The Ideal Candidate:
Is Passionate About Making a Difference in the Lives of Others
The ideal candidate has a strong desire to work for a charitable organization that puts client needs at the centre of all its activities. The candidate is motivated to help people of all ages who are living with illness or grief.
Is an Experienced Fund Development Officer – The successful candidate is relationship oriented and detail driven with excellent communication skills and ability to speak clearly and confidently about the services that Hospice Calgary offers. The candidate also possesses strong writing skills and loves working as part of a larger team.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 2-5 years’ related experience
- In depth knowledge of donor data systems, Raiser’s Edge experience is required
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Presents with a professional and respectful demeanor when working with donors, staff, and volunteers from a diversity of backgrounds
- High-level research, analysis, writing, and presentation skills
- Membership with Alberta Fundraising Professionals (AFP) considered an asset
- Prior experience with public speaking
Applications will be accepted until suitable candidates are found. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Submit resume and cover letter with attention to Melissa Watamanuk, Director of Development at email@example.com
Join Our Team!
Fund Development Officer
1.0 FTE, Permanent
For Complete Job Description and Qualifications:
View the full job description at https://www.hospicecalgary.ca/careers