Looking for a job with a purpose!? Do you love using your extensive talents, skills, and experience to collaboratively drive fund development strategic direction, execution, and activities?
Look no further, the Women in Need Society (WINS) is hiring a full-time Fund Development Professional! We offer flexible hours, benefits, employee discounts, and much more! This position is an integral member of the Community & Fund Development department and plays a crucial role in helping to achieve WINS Strategic Goals.
The successful candidate should be passionate about WINS’ mission, vision and values and be ready to contribute to a team that works together to improve the lives of women in Calgary.
We can’t wait to hear from you, apply today!
WINS makes a difference in the lives of thousands of Calgary women. WINS is proud to be one of Calgary’s longest running social enterprises driven by our Mission of connecting women and their families with resources to thrive. Together with donors, government and many other partners, WINS provides wrap-around support to women who are experiencing abuse, poverty, social isolation and/or homelessness. WINS’ Vision is to create a community where all women are thriving and building resilient families. WINS also provides an opportunity for women to work in a safe, empowering, and meaningful environment. We provide Calgarians the opportunity to contribute to their local community by donating to WINS and shopping at WINS Thrift Stores, the MORE Store by WINS, and our online business, Twice New.
The culture at WINS is built upon our values, which are an integral part of who we are.
Integrity: Our actions match our words. We do what we say and say what we mean.
Diversity: Diversity makes us stronger. We welcome and respect different people, perspectives, and experiences.
Sustainability: We are kind to people and the planet. Our actions today impact our world tomorrow.
Collaboration: We are better together. Working as a team, we strive for excellence in all we do.
Innovation: We imagine the possibilities. We continuously strive towards greater impact.
Here’s What You’ll Get to Do
The Fund Development Professional is responsible for providing strategic guidance, and hands-on effort to achieve WINS fundraising goals. The role cultivates and stewards relationships with key external individuals and groups, including foundations, volunteers, community and business leaders, and existing & past donors. The role participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives, working within WINS’ policies, vision, and mission to contribute to an ethical, safe, and inclusive environment.
Fundraising & Grant Writing
- In conjunction with other Community & Fund Development leaders, devise, plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate, and update the fundraising and community engagement strategies and activities to meet financial needs and increase community support
- Through effective project management, ensure plans, critical fundraising processes, documentation, proposals, grant applications, progress tracking, campaign results, return on investment of events and return on fund development activities, and other reports are completed in a timely fashion
- Coordinate communication with all donors through email, direct mail and grant applications to shape a sustainable tradition of annual and long-term support
- Implement creative strategies and quality stewardship that inspires donors to make multi-year commitments
- Actively solicit, manage, and grow corporate and individual donors, and prospects, with a focus on major gifts
- Actively search and apply for grant opportunities that align with the business need to be solicited
Community & Stakeholders Relations
- Act as a well-informed ambassador for WINS at internal & external presentations, donor meetings, and recognition & community events
- Promote and contribute to a welcoming culture for all volunteer groups
- Build and maintain relationships with donors, prospective donors, and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with other WINS leaders to develop key messages for target audiences and strategic relationships
- Foster effective collaboration and build employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees want to offer their ideas
- Provide strategic direction and daily leadership for the Community & Fund Development team by identifying team goals and evaluating team progress
- Promote a culture that reflects WINS mission, vision, and values through a warm, professional, and positive attitude
Here’s What You’ll Need
- A post-secondary degree is preferred, in a field related to WINS’ activities
- 10+ years of fund development experience in a not-for-profit charitable environment
- 5+ years of leadership experience, demonstrating increasing responsibility to a senior level
- CFRE (Certified Fund-Raising Executive) strongly certification preferred along with active membership with AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals)
- Demonstrated success in soliciting and closing donor support, developing high potential prospects and donors, and strengthening relationships to raise funds and meet funding goals
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will attribute to the fund development success
- Ability to communicate collaboratively and work independently in articulating and driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs
- Persuasive and professional writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Well established project management and organizing skills with the ability to manage multiple demands in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and strategically lever relationships ranging from donors and supporters to Board members to volunteers
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude combined with integrity, credibility, and dedication to the vision, mission, and values of WINS
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and CRM Systems
To apply please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.
Closing Date: July 22, 2022
Women in Need Society is an equal opportunity employer. At WINS we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.