United Way of Calgary and Area is looking for a Transformational Giving Manager to join our Resource Development team.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships & Stewardship, the Transformational Giving Manager provides leadership and guidance to three direct reports, promoting a culture of integration and efficiency. This role will move forward key priorities and strategies to support United Way’s Transformational Giving program and will be responsible for maximizing transformational ($1M+) philanthropic gifts in support of United Way’s Community Impact Strategy and Revenue Strategy. The Transformational Giving Manager is responsible for building a robust and sustainable pipeline of transformational gift donors, developing fundraising plans and compelling resources that will attract large-scale investments to United Way priorities.
What you will do:
- Collaborate and work strategically to build a robust and sustainable pipeline of donors at this giving level (individual, corporate, and foundations)
- Develop and execute fundraising plans that will attract transformational gifts in support of United Ways large scale initiatives and key priorities
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects and support the President & CEO and Chief Impact Officer in building relationships with transformational gift donors, prospects, and influencers
- Employ donor-centered strategies and tactics that engage donors and compel investment, collaborating regularly with internal partners and project teams (proposals, compelling visuals, updates, announcements, engagement opportunities)
- Help establish annual targets and support related revenue generation processes as well as lead long-range planning and strategy development for the Transformational Gifts program
- Collaborate with consultants, departments leaders, and Philanthropy Team to build internal capacity and transformational giving culture
- Working with the Director, Philanthropic Partnerships & Stewardship and the Manager, Strategic Giving, implement activities to enhance team integration and overall efficiency
- Provide leadership, coaching and timely feedback to direct reports, including a minimum of two assessments annually
- Empower team to innovate and ensure efficiency and strategies that yield a high return on investment
- Employ an integrated approach within Resource Development as well as organizationally
What you will bring:
Experience & Attributes
- 5 years’ experience in fundraising, including large campaigns and major gifts
- University degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of the principles of fundraising – able to build strategies for all aspects of the gift cycle
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets, and estates
- Exceptional relationship management and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with all levels of an organization including the Executive team
- Highly skilled in planning and organization, strategic planning and implementation, ability to lead through change
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence and coach with an innovative outlook and open to change
- Highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional speaking, presentation, and coaching skills
- Team building skills (coaching, collaborating, facilitation, conflict resolution) and a desire to build and grow a high performing team
- Excellent problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Outstanding project management skills, ability to work cross-functionally and outside the organization, with a track record of achieving the results expected
- Adaptable and able to flourish with change
United, we make the biggest difference
United Way is a not-for-profit organization that has played a vital role in our community for over 80 years. As a social impact organization, our mission is clear: we mobilize communities for the common purpose of working together to create lasting social change.
In addition to meaningful work where you can have an impact, United Way also offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a hybrid work environment, and flexible working hours.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and respected, and that reflects the diverse community we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, styles, and abilities to apply. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
At United Way, we are committed to protecting our team, our clients, and the community we serve by providing a safe and healthy workplace. Accordingly, successful candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment by their start date or provide written proof of an approved exemption in accordance with Alberta Human Rights legislation.
Send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume (PDF) by 4 pm July 5, 2022 to email@example.com
Subject Line: Transformational Giving Manager – Your Name.
To learn more about the United Way of Calgary and the Area, please visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.