Calgary Health Foundation is a philanthropic organization established in 1996 to unite donors, hospitals, health care providers and community partners with the ambitious aim of revolutionizing health outcomes. Together, we continue to transform lives by establishing extraordinary health programs — early stroke intervention, a world class urology clinic and brain institute, precision neonatal care and advanced trauma centres.
Through collaboration, unrelenting persistence and a sharp focus on care, wellness and research, we are unyielding in our efforts to ensure Calgarians receive the most
progressive health care in the world — because our loved ones and yours deserve nothing less.
Reporting to the Manager, Annual Giving, the Philanthropy Advisor, Leadership Giving, manages and implements a robust mid-level donor program with expected annual giving range of $1,000 – $24,999 to enhance the pipeline of major donor prospects. They will play a leading role in growing a dynamic giving portfolio, maximizing fundraising revenue and enriching the donor experience for mid-level donors. This individual works in collaboration with all departments and stakeholders to ensure that donors can expect a seamless and rewarding philanthropic experience when giving to Calgary Health Foundation.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive action plan and strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, upgrade and engage mid-level donors via email, phone, direct
mail, and personal visits.
- Collaborate within the Research and Philanthropy team to identify and qualify donors based on their capacity, interest, linkage and readiness for mid-level or
- Match each assigned donor’s capacity and interest with appropriate CHF programs and priorities.
- Help to steer the necessary segmentation strategies and personal follow-up for mid-level donors within the annual giving portfolio’s direct marketing campaigns.
- Create a giving society to engage and inspire support from like-minded prospects and donors.
- Meet and exceed metrics tied to revenue, retention, upgrades, activities/moves and meaningful cultivation.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Donor Relations, ensure ongoing donor loyalty through meaningful stewardship and recognition.
- Responsible for tracking mid-level giving prospects and donors, documenting
their cultivation and solicitation activities in Raiser’s Edge.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure alignment and integration of donor goals and strategies to maximize donor engagement and advancement opportunities.
- Understand the Calgary Health Foundation brand, strategic direction of the Foundation and hospital priorities.
- Contribute to development of communication materials for mid-level gift prospects.
- Work with the Research and Philanthropy teams to identify and hand off higher capacity major gift and donor prospects for additional cultivation.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Legacy Giving to develop and execute lead generation strategies.
- Take the lead on identifying potential prospects for matching gifts.
- Support the identification and development of emotionally compelling stories that demonstrate the impact philanthropy has on the healthcare system.
FORMAL EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- A minimum of three years of progressive fundraising experience, plus a
bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in annual or mid-level giving and supporting major
gifts and planned giving prospect identification.
- Proven experience in the growth and management of a portfolio of donors.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Exceptionally personable with proven skills at building and developing relationships and donor expectations.
- Familiarity with best practices in direct mail, marketing integration, email marketing and online integration as it relates to mid-level giving.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Tactful, poised and professional.
- Well organized and able to effectively manage tight timelines and multiple priorities.
- A keen learner, who is motivated to expand their knowledge and expertise.
- Asset: Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
- Primarily sedentary office work with long periods of time at a computer.
- Occasional travel to various hospital sites, events, as well as in-person donor visits.
- Hybrid work model (remote up to 2 days per week)
Salary Range: $65,000-$80,000 per year depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and Calgary Health Foundation; please note that we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview. This opportunity will remain open until the successful candidate is identified.
To explore this opportunity further, please send your resume and cover letter, in confidence to:
Manager, People Services