Neglect, violence and abuse are life-altering, terrorizing behaviours.
This is why we became FearIsNotLove. These four words capture perhaps the most important thing you need to know about us. It’s who we are. And it’s what we stand for. We believe that every human has the right to live free of fear… and feel safe, respected, supported and loved.
Our goal is to help people to have violence-free lives, to live without fear, and get to the ultimate outcome – love. It’s what we all want and need.
We are looking for people who want to be part of changing the conversation about domestic violence and abuse. We have evolved from our beginnings as the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter.
FearIsNotLove creates safe spaces. We listen, we support, we encourage and we are judgement-free. We are relentless in our commitment to our clients, our communities and each other. We believe change is possible.
At our core is an uncompromising commitment to our team of talented people who believe in our mission. We believe that when people feel empowered and safe, they are able to move forward with the best decisions for them and their family.
We are looking for a permanent, full-time Donor Relations Officer to work in our Resource Development department. This position is out of scope with union working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Donor Relations Officer works to create, implement, manage and assess a comprehensive donor relations plan to assist the RD team reach its significant fundraising goals. The scope of work is based on building an effective donor relations program which includes donor engagement, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Develop, implement and manage a successful and integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving as defined in collaboration with the RD team
• Ensure donors are acknowledged and recognized
• Act as a liaison and specialist to the RD team in order to provide cultivation and stewardship assistance to individual donors and prospects
• Oversee, direct and collaborate on the development and implementation of strategic donor communications in multiple channels in a timely fashion. This includes, but not limited to, social media, annual reports, year-end reminders, gift acknowledgements, webpages, and event invitations
• Ensure strategic cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising are communicated
• Track donor relations and stewardship activities in the constituent database management system
• Responsible for the review and control of all gift acknowledgements, thank you letters, pledge statements and impact reports
• Work closely with the RD team to report to donors on the use of their gifts and to help celebrate gifts
• Champion good stewardship and understanding of donor-centric approach throughout the organization
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR MISSION
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or equivalent post-secondary education and/or experience
• Minimum 3-5 years of related and recent experience in the area of stewardship, donor relations or equivalent role
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to develop rapport with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills
• A creative thinker and writer
• Research skills
• Strong time management skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Understanding of event planning; demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks on tight schedule
• Experience working with Blackbaud RE or a similar database management system
• An understanding of stewardship best practices
• Ability to work autonomously and/or be an active team member
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
• Team oriented and ability to work flexible hours
IMPORTANT DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW
• FearIsNotLove is following all safety protocols and taking preventive measures against Covid-19. Effective January 1st, 2022 being fully vaccinated against Covid-19 is a condition of employment
• Ongoing training and development is a required condition of this position
• A criminal records search and an intervention record check are conditions of employment
• In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada
Apply to become part of the movement. FearIsNotLove. Be part of changing the conversation with us, and apply at Reachire.ca.
Submitter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: November 29, 2022 – This position will remain open until filled
Salary Range: 60,000-70,000
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Experience: Junior
FearIsNotLove is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage qualified candidates from all genders, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.