Here at Vecova we are passionate about inclusion and believe we can improve the lives of all members of our community. We are a dynamic leader in the disability sector providing programs, services and enterprises designed to meet the needs of persons of all abilities though housing, employment and wellness services. We are a team of talented individuals, big-thinkers and collaborators, who embrace our values and guiding principles to drive our mission and vision forward.
“We are creating a workplace culture of inclusion and belonging where all team members feel heard and valued. We are a diverse group of individuals working towards a common and noble goal of inclusion for everyone.” – Kelly Holmes-Binns, Chief Executive Officer – Vecova
THE OPPORTUNITY – SENIONR DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Full-Time)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- In partnership with the Chief Development Officer (CDO), develop and execute strategies to increase revenue within the Annual Giving portfolio which contributes to the overall fundraising goals of the organization.
- Works collaboratively with the CDO and senior level staff to identify prospective donors from within and outside of Vecova’s existing network.
- Develop and maintain a qualified top prospect list in the Calgary and surrounding area
- Personally, conduct cultivation visits within Calgary and the surrounding area, complete solicitation calls and stewardship activities to meet revenue budgets.
- Plan, create, implement and evaluate Vecova’s Annual Fund Program; including mailings, appeals, reports, stewardship and other required correspondence.
- Lead the grant application process, liaise with other Vecova teams to gather all relevant information, completing application, stewardship and reporting as directed
- Participates in the planning and implementation of events and activities to engage, educate and steward donors and prospects.
- Implement fundraising and stewardship campaigns including planning, writing copy, segmenting data, producing and coordinating direct mail, newsletters, annual donor impact reports and donor calling.
- Assist in the management of the Development Team budget; monitoring expenses and reporting variances.
WHAT YOU BRING
We are looking to engage team members with diverse skills, experiences and interests. These are some of the competencies and credentials we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years fundraising management experience including proven experience managing an Annual Gift portfolio
- Experience in planning and executing significant fund development programs and campaigns in collaboration with volunteers.
- Proven track record of identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting, securing and renewing large major donors
- Strong knowledge of local and provincial donors and prospects; existing familiarity and relationships with these donors and prospects preferred.
- Knowledge of effective fundraising strategies and techniques for growing charitable organizations; thorough and specific knowledge of the principles and techniques of major giving moves management.
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to motivate and persuade with tact and diplomacy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels (internal and external).
- Strong knowledge of and ability to articulate tax benefits of giving
- Knowledge of fundraising processes, best practices and current industry trends.
- Experience working in the health care and/or community support services and/or disability sector an asset.
- CFRE designation, CAGP and AFP membership and Raiser’s Edge experience are strong assets.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is a requirement for this position.
WHEN YOU WORK AT VECOVA
No two days will be the same! You’ll have the opportunity to embark on a gratifying career with an organization that puts people first. We offer competitive compensation, a great benefits program, onsite fitness programs, flexible work schedules, and generous paid time off to spend time with
family, pursue adventure or take time for interests outside of work.
Vecova is committed to life-long learning and ongoing training is part of who we are. We have comprehensive training programs and we offer learning opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills, stay current in your field, and continue to learn as your career progresses.
When you work at Vecova you belong. Join Us!
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Vecova celebrates diversity and is proud and committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of Race, Religious beliefs, Color, Gender, Gender identity, Gender expression, Physical disability, Mental disability, Age, Ancestry, Place of origin, Marital status, Source of income, Family status and Sexual orientation (Alberta Human Rights Commission). .
At Vecova, we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and are committed to an inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We greatly appreciate applications from all interested candidates; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All candidates applying for positions must be authorized to work in Canada without employer support.
Please note: Currently all interviews will be conducted online.
This competition will remain open until suitable candidate is found