Job Title – Strategic Grants Specialist
The Strategic Grants Specialist is embedded within the External division as a member of the Fund Development and Alumni Engagement Department. The role builds capacity and supports business development and fund development initiatives including, but not limited to applied research advancement, WIL, career services, continuing education, corporate training, and strategic partnerships locally, nationally, and internationally.
The role works in collaboration with all College departments and external stakeholders to support business development and fund development grant and proposal writing and design and development of pitch materials and associated collateral supporting documents. The role is also responsible for researching opportunities for funding relative to sponsorship, philanthropy, business development, applied research grants, all levels of government funding opportunities, community funding, and partnerships. The role is pivotal in preparing all of the materials and assets related to securing appropriate opportunities as directed.
Under the supervision of the Director of Fund Development and Alumni Engagement, the Strategic Grants Specialist is responsible to carry out a range of responsibilities and duties. The distribution of the following responsibilities and duties will depend on operational requirements:
- Develops and maintains a grant opportunity strategy to support business development, fund development, and government grant opportunities.
- Facilitates grant application development from conceptualization to submission in collaboration with Academic teams, External division, Finance, ITS, HR, and others.
- Increases competitiveness of grant applications by providing strategic advice on funders’ criteria for success.
- Coordinates and participates in all aspects of grant/proposal writing process, including development of supporting documents, pitches, promotional materials, audio/visuals, pitch strategies, and external stakeholder stewardship.
- Facilitates internal review and approval of all submissions to ensure high quality submission and alignment of deliverables.
- Ensures timely submission of grants/proposals.
- Ensures all grants/proposals are entered into databases as appropriate i.e., CRM, Raiser’s Edge.
- Supports, advises, and consults with Bow Valley Collegeemployees in project development, as required.
- Stewards relationships with funding bodies (Tri-Agency, all three levels of government, community funders, corporations, sponsors, external stakeholders, donors – solicit feedback on ideas, submissions).
- Internal promotion of funding opportunities
- Performs detailed analysis of RFQ/RFP documents, to understand the proposal deliverables and develop detailed compliance and responsibility matrices.
- Creates proposal templates based on RFP specifications while incorporating re-usable content.
- Assists with preparation and editing of proposals, qualification statements, expressions of interest and other business development and marketing materials.
- Obtains required internal review, approvals, and signatures.
- Ensures that all external stakeholders reporting requirements are met in collaboration with internal college stakeholders.
- Stewards all external stakeholders. grantors, funders through ongoing relationship development, supporting resolution of any issues or conflict.
Advancement: Liaises with internal and external stakeholders and local, provincial, national, and international-funding agencies to advance the College’s mission and net revenue generation mandate. This includes tasks such as:
- Continual scanning of local, provincial, federal, and international funding landscape for opportunities, funder priorities, and/or significant changes; inform External Division leadership.
- Communicates and advances new and emerging funding opportunities with academic and college support areas
- Provides support to college community in knowledge transfer strategy as needed (e.g., reports, articles for publication, presentations).
- 3-5 years’ related experience
- Diploma in Fund Development, Business Development, Marketing
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered
- 5 years related experience
- Experience in applied research grant writing
- Working with teams
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in projects
- Previous experience in proposal/grant/pitch/presentations development
- Knowledge of research procedures
- Advanced writing skills; writing formal research / funder reports
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Raiser’s Edge, CRM platforms (MSDynamics)
- Making presentations to groups of various sizes and backgrounds
This is a continuous (exempt) position. This job posting will remain open until suitable candidates have been found.
Apply through the Bow Valley College website or through this LINK
Please note that all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.
Minimum Education Requirements: Diploma
Location: BVC CALGARY – CA (Primary)
Job Family: Fund Development
FTE Per Individual (%): 100
Closing Date: 3/17/2023
Employment Status: Continuous
Salary: Commensurate with experience