JFSC is recruiting for a Development/Donor Relations Lead
We are more than just a job. At JFSC, our greatest strength is in our Team – more than 100 dedicated individuals working together to enrich lives and strengthen communities in a dynamic and collaborative environment. We are inclusive and accessible to people of all faiths and cultures.
Why consider this opportunity?
- We’re a multicultural team working with a diverse clientele, united by our passion for helping people
- We value participation and collaboration to achieve the best results
- We’re energized by working curiously, creatively, and by taking on complex challenges
- We’re committed to responding quickly to new ideas and emerging community needs
- We live our values: compassion, social justice and improving the world
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development/Donor Relations Lead is responsible for building and advancing relationships on behalf of JFSC in support of its mission, by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual, corporate, and foundation donors. This includes developing and maintaining a portfolio of major and planned giving prospects and donors, coordinating and managing donor stewardship and engagement and working with the fund development board committee to maintain stewardship best practices.
Professionalism, confidentiality, proactive, initiative, and strong organization and time management skills are critical to this role.
- Develop and manage stewardship and recognition programs for our donors, providing excellent relationship management and follow up
- Employ strategies to grow annual giving revenue
- Develop and implement a targeted plan for fundraisers, relationships, donors, and events
- Maintain and grow monthly donor program
- Develop a system to increase the number of value contacts that a donor receives and ensure they are documented
- Oversee the proper acknowledgement of donations by drafting thank-you letters, greeting
cards, memos, newsletters, reports and making timely touch points
- Be proficient at data entry and report generation, with the ability to collect and analyze data and create reports and mailing lists
- Record all donation information and maintain communication records with donors
- Work with the fund development board committee to identify and qualify major leads to progress into major donors
- Establish development goals/targets, and KPI’s
- Report monthly, quarterly, annually on fundraising plans, donor solicitations, cultivation, and stewardship efforts
- Plan and execute 3-4 fundraising activities per year
- Secure sponsorships for events
- Stay current with fundraising trends including data management software,
research methodologies, and stewardship best practices
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications strategies to support stewardship and fundraising initiatives
- Adhere to the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures
- Post-secondary education in related field
- 3-5 years’ experience, ideally in the non-profit sector
- Experience working with corporate and individual donors/sponsors
- Proven track record of achieving targets
- Familiarity with CRM software, with experience in report-building, queries, and data management
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) designation will be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Capacity to work well within a multi-disciplinary team
- Satisfactory Police Check, including vulnerable sector check
- Class 5 driver’s license, and reliable personal vehicle is required
- Flexibility to work some evenings for events
JFSC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Application deadline: Applications to be submitted by April 21, 2023
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
JFSC thanks all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.