HULL SERVICES – POSITION OPENING
Development and Communications – Communications Specialist
Hull Services has an organizational commitment to pursuing truth and reconciliation, decolonization and anti-oppression.
Hull Services is looking for a full-time Communications Specialist to join our Development and Communications team. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for creating and implementing innovative and effective communications strategies that support the Agency’s fund development needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate an effective communications plan to support Agency fundraising activities.
- Write and develop promotional and fundraising materials for various platforms to support solicitation of funds, including impact reports, client testimonials and other donor engagement materials.
- Work collaboratively with the communications team and Agency programs to develop and promote engaging content that communicates the impact of our work and further Hull’s fundraising and development efforts.
- Project coordinate campaign and stewardship materials, including creating workback schedules, coordinating project deliverables, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, and coordinating required approvals.
- Maintain the Development Resource Library, ensuring fund development materials (one-pagers, overviews, etc.) are up to date for all Development staff to access.
- In collaboration with the Communications Coordinator, develop clear, compelling and appealing design solutions for letters, reports, cards, and PowerPoint presentations, following the principles of design and Hull’s brand guidelines.
- Working closely with the Development team to support with researching and writing for:
- Stewardship reports
- Cultivation materials
- Project-specific proposals including major gift proposals, cases for support and annual fund solicitations and briefings related to fundraising campaigns
- In collaboration with the Development team, coordinate, create and execute communications support for Hull’s fundraising events.
- Support other communications needs and perform other duties related to writing and communication for Hull Services as needed.
- 5-7 years of related experience in a journalism, communications, or marketing setting, such as writing for a non-profit organization
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related discipline
- Experience in researching, planning, writing and preparing content for a range of audiences and communications channels, with emphasis on proposals, technical reports, briefing documents, presentations and speaking notes
- Writing experience that includes assignments in the mental health sector, advancement/fundraising or related an asset
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, including fluency in English grammar and spelling and the ability to edit, and proofread
- Excellent project coordination and organizational skills with the ability to track and plan numerous concurrent communications assignments to meet project deadlines, while producing high-quality work
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and accustomed to working collaboratively within a team environment
- Proficiency in web design, content marketing and managing digital platforms is essential.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and databases.
How to Apply:
- If interested, please direct your cover letter, and resume to email@example.com
- Please indicate “Your Full Name – Communications Specialist” in the subject line of your email
The deadline for application is Sunday, April 23, 2023.
For more information about this position or the program please contact Mackenzie Jones at 403-251-8069.
Note: We personally review every application received through firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will give your application due consideration. It may take up to two weeks to review all applications. If your qualifications and experience match our requirements we will contact you directly.
At Hull, one of our core values is Inclusion and we seek to understand people’s lived experience, holding a deep respect for their unique backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities, cultures and identities. It is our desire to humbly build trust and mutual respect with the people we serve who have often been marginalized and oppressed for their differences. To achieve this, Hull seeks open, self-aware individuals who reflect the diversity of those we serve and can help us build a safe, healthy, inclusive culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, or sexual orientation.