January 28, 2022
(Recommended to include, but not required)
$50,000 - $64,000
ABOUT MAKE-A-WISH® CANADA
Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We are on a quest to bring every eligible child’s wish to life, because a wish is an integral part of a child’s treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness. As an independently operating affiliate of Make-A-Wish International, Make-A-Wish Canada is part of the network of the world’s leading children’s wish-granting organization. We serve children in every community in Canada, and in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Since 1983, Make-A-Wish Canada has granted over 36,000 wishes across the country, over 1,000 last year alone. For more information about Make-A-Wish Canada, visit makeawish.ca.
Join our team as a:
Calgary (Temporarily working remotely during COVID-19 Pandemic)
Reference #: MAW067
This position is based in Calgary and is responsible for managing and coordinating assigned fundraising activities within the province of Alberta. This includes, but is not limited to; securing sponsorship, media relations, donor development, grant writing and researching opportunities to increase chapter revenue. Acting as a representative of the Foundation, this position safeguards the interests of the Foundation, the Wish Families and event participants by following established procedures and guidelines ensuring the quality of every fundraising initiative.
- Identifies and inspires potential corporate and individual donors.
- Applies event management principles and processes to manage the full cycle of events at the chapter level ensuring high standards for all assigned fundraising initiatives.
- Develops strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilizes high degree of creativity in the development and design of marketing and promotional material including PSA’s, press releases, brochures and other material.
- Collaborates with internal departments to assist with development or coordination of material for Wish Stories and other development and communication material/literature of a timely basis which may include social/marketing media.
- Establishes and provides support to event committees as required to ensure success of events (e.g., guidance, materials, staff/volunteers, timelines, etc.).
- Work in collaboration with Wish Granting team to identify appropriate Wish Families for event participation.
- Collaborates with immediate manager in identifying opportunities for development and growth in sponsorship, donations (e.g., sponsorships for; event décor, silent auction, prizes, food and drinks, entertainment, supplies, equipment, venues, etc.) and awareness.
- Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act in the applicable province of employment and its regulations and complies with the Foundation’s Health & Safety Policy.
Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising/business or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 2 -3 years working experience in the fundraising area (events, campaigns and working with volunteers), preferably in a multi-level organization within diverse communities. Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and on various tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing tasks of others and to work with others on a job to achieve the best results.
- Must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to speak to groups of people in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and good judgement.
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills. Flexibility with changing priorities and ability to remain focused to meet targeted timelines.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel).
Demonstrated experience in using databases and ability to be able to train on databases; and the ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
Positive attitude; ability to take responsibility and be accountable; ability to deal with change in the workplace and be innovative; respect for others.
Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Primary responsibilities are carried out in Chapter Office, however, regularly required to be out of the office for visits with sponsors and donors, for site visits and attending events in the community.
- This position is required to work outside normal office hours during peak season.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL EFFORT
- Works under pressure at peak times of the year with tight deadlines, high volume workload, and with multiple demands, changing and overlapping priorities.
- Works under high degree of pressure on day of events to ensure logistics and all aspects of events are carried out successfully.
- May be exposed to sensitive situations regarding wish children and families.
- Physical activity may include lifting of boxes with materials, setting up equipment, etc.
A Criminal Background Check is required
WHAT WE OFFER
Make-A-Wish® Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact. We are committed to fostering a culture that aims to change lives, foster compassion and better humanity.
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY
If your skills, experience and qualifications are aligned with the requirements of this role, we encourage you to apply now. Please click the following link to apply, application deadline is January 28, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Interested in other career opportunities with Make-A-Wish® Canada? Please visit our careers page to see all current career opportunities.
Make-A-Wish® Canada provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All new Make-A-Wish® Canada employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to their first day of work, subject to relevant accommodations or exemptions.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
For more information on how you can support Make-A-Wish® Canada or get involved please visit our website at makeawish.ca.