Community Food Centres Canada
Senior Philanthropy Officer (Full-time, Permanent)
Remote (Toronto, Ontario)
Salary: $72,000-$77,000 annually
Full-Time, Senior Level
Senior Philanthropy Officer (Full-time, Permanent) – New Position
Location: Our office is located in Toronto, Ontario; however, this position can be located anywhere in Canada with flexible / hybrid / and remote work arrangements available.
Note: In this exceptional context of the COVID-19 pandemic, all staff are asked to work remotely according to public health guidelines until further notice.
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Hiring Range: $72,000-$77,000, including a comprehensive benefits plan, pension plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days, access to an Employee Assistance Program and professional development opportunities.
At the heart of Community Food Centres Canada’s work is the belief that communities thrive when everyone has access to good food. CFCC is a national movement of 300+ organizations working to address the root causes of food insecurity. With our partners, we advocate for policy change, share knowledge and resources, and build vibrant Community Food Centres that strengthen belonging. Learn more at: cfccanada.ca.
In less than a decade, our movement has grown to include 15 Community Food Centres and 300+ good food organizations. Building on the success of our recent Good Food Access Fund campaign, we are growing our fundraising to $10M+ annually to support the good food movement across Canada. We have also recently launched a capital campaign to power our next phase of growth, including a new national headquarters (www.340Gerrard.ca) and a policy & research centre.
We are seeking a mission-motivated, experienced major gift fundraiser to build meaningful relationships and inspire philanthropic gifts that will advance CFCC’s commitment to health, belonging and social justice through the power of food. This role will be a key contributor to the national major gift program and will also develop a regional fundraising strategy for Western Canada.
CFCC is strongly committed to equity and inclusion within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 75-100 relationships with prospects and donors, including individuals, families, foundations and corporations, with primary focus on new business development
- Develop and execute donor cultivation plans, solicitation strategies and stewardship journeys for gifts of $100,000+
- Achieve an annual revenue target starting at $500,000
- Develop and implement a regional Major Gift strategy for Western Canada
- Develop donor communication materials including proposals, and impact reports in collaboration with colleagues
- Participate in donor strategy meetings to review achievements and productivity and identify areas that require additional supports
- Promptly execute stewardship actions, in accordance with o CFCC stewardship framework- including thank you calls, letters and impact reports
- Achieve key performance metrics including discovery calls, cultivation & engagement activities, solicitations and stewardship activities
- Prepare call reports and maintain updated records in Salesforce
- Collaborate with the Development team to identify opportunities and execute initiatives to diversify CFCC’s donor base
- Align with CFCC values and contribute to the evolution of our culture, and a work environment that is grounded in Equity, Respect, Integrity & Accountability, Collaboration & Engagement, Leadership, Innovation and Impact.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of seven years of experience with a least 4 years of frontline major gifts experience
- Deep understanding of social justice issues and systemic change solutions
- Experience and knowledge of Western Canada (BC, AB, MB, SK) Philanthropic landscape
- Experience with raising funds in Western Canada and possess knowledge on how to navigate through various key Philanthropic actors in the region
- Strong relationship-building skills, with a demonstrated track record of cultivating and closing six figure gifts
- Ability to effectively communicate the vision and key messages of Community Food Centres Canada
- Experience in working with leadership volunteers
- Experience in developing and delivering compelling donor proposals
- Excellent proposal writing skills, with a track-record of securing grants
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to use sound judgement, maintain discretion, and navigate sensitive situations with integrity and flexibility
- Proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience; fundraising education preferred
- Knowledge of the Canadian charitable sector, including fundraising best practices and emerging trends, and a demonstrated commitment to professional growth
Why work for us?
➔ Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, short and long-term disability insurance, membership in a defined benefit pension plan, 15 paid vacation days in your first year, increasing to 20 paid vacation days in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days, access to an Employee Assistance Program and professional development opportunities
➔ a culture of mutual support where staff are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive Canada
➔ an opportunity to be part of a movement building health, belonging and social justice in low-income communities across Canada through the power of food
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website and click Apply Now. Please skip the Professional Details and Skills section and attach your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share what you think makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Posting closes February 14, 2022. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.