Hull Services is seeking a Director – Development and Communications. This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced professional who is strategically driven and results-oriented, entrepreneurial, creative, assertive and self-motivated. We are looking for an individual with a proven track record and demonstrated success in not for profit fundraising and corporate communications.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director plays a key role within Hull’s Senior Operations Team as an inspiring leader and exemplary strategist. This Director is responsible for achieving ambitious resource development targets and implementing programs and procedures to support the growth of fundraising and social capital that will sustain and grow the agency and expand its influence.
The Director – Development and Communications works directly with the Board of Governors’ Development Committee, influential community members, Senior Operations Team and all departments and programs throughout the organization. This position plays a key role as Hull’s representative, working in close collaboration with an extensive range of community organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and overseeing the organization’s communications and fundraising efforts to meet or exceed established targets.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of effective and creative communication and fundraising strategies and programs that support the organization’s overall strategic goals.
- Ensuring that the organization’s communication programs develop, support, enhance and connect the organization’s brand to employees, stakeholders and the community at large.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of comprehensive and long-term effective fund raising goals and programs that meet the organization’s current and long term needs.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with current and potential donors, including regular communications, donor recognition and public presentations.
- Build strong collaborative relationships internally across the agency and externally.
- Continuously improving and building on the Development program’s data integrity and database management, prospect management, major gifts, donor recognition and stewardship programs.
- Providing effective leadership, mentorship and oversight to the Development and Communications team, emphasizing excellence and professional development.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree from an accredited University (Masters or CFRE preferred)
- A minimum of ten to fifteen years of progressive responsibility and experience in fundraising, donor recruitment, marketing, and sales;
- A proven track record of setting, achieving and exceeding concrete and ambitious targets.
- An interest and passion for the children, youth and families that Hull Services engages with, and an alignment to our vision, mission and core values.
- Experience working as part of a successful Executive Team and/or with Board committees.
- Ability to organize, motivate and manage a core team of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills, with an entrepreneurial edge and a passion for meeting and exceeding targets.
- Well-developed communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Personal initiative, independence, reliability, and effectiveness in developing creative approaches to achieve organizational goals.
- An outgoing and optimistic personality, strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative working style and an ability to build bridges among key stakeholders.
- Successful record of establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with donors, community partners, and stakeholders.
Direct your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Your Name –Director – D&C” in the subject line of your email.
This position will remain open until Friday, July 22, 2022.
Competitive Salary Range: $100,000. – $125,000.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that a diversity of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and better services for our young people and families.