Senior Donor Relations & Community Engagement Officer
Permanent Full time (40 hours/week)
McMan Calgary & Area
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategy & Operations, the Senior Donor Relations & Community Engagement Officer will bring a donor-centred mindset to the development of best practice fundraising strategies; implementation of diversified funding streams including major gifts, grants, special events, foundation and corporate partnership and individual giving; and stewardship of lasting donor relationships for McMan Calgary.
This is your chance to shine as you move into the next level of your career!
The Senior Donor Relations & Community Engagement Officer brings a breadth of skills and knowledge to the team, has a “can-do” attitude. We’re looking for a go-getter inspired to build and scale their fund development career. The goal is to maintain and grow the organization’s support base, as well as to drive a broader profile for the organization.
The successful candidate must demonstrate McMan’s core values of Respect, Trust, Empathy, Genuineness and Commitment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years related experience; a proven track record of raising funds from a variety of sources; including major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
Required competencies for this role include:
- Demonstrated results in making successful asks in the $10,000 – $100,000 range
- Demonstrated skill in prospect identification and research, event fundraising, fundraising campaign management
- Strong skills related to donor engagement and stewardship; timely and effective stewardship of donor contributions, with a commitment to creating a positive experience for McMan donors
- Ability to work towards long-term fund-raising goals in measurable ways and meet financial objectives
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Strategic leadership and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of Canada Revenue Agency guidelines and gift processing requirements for tax receipting of charitable gifts
- Preparation and delivery of high-quality proposals, presentations, reports and other communication materials to internal stakeholders, Board and external audiences including prospects, donors, sponsors and community partners
- Ability to connect and build rapport with a variety of audiences
- Innovation, creativity and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with donor tracking systems management such as Donor Perfect
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association of Calgary & Area is a responsive and innovative organization making a difference in the lives of more than 2600 vulnerable children, youth and families annually.
We support children, youth and families with complex needs that can include mental health issues, addictions, homelessness, poverty and disability by providing them with the services and supports they need to thrive. As a fundamental practice across all McMan services, we work with individuals to help them maintain and grow relationships that can extend beyond our professional support – lifelong connections that can help people sustain and build on, their strengths and new skills.
When applying for any job most people want to know what an organization can offer them. With McMan, it’s a solid blend of an extensive benefit plan, generous time off allowances, and the opportunity to contribute to the community at large. Access is provided to benefits within the first month of employment, with a plan that includes vision, dental and prescription drug coverage, and an Employee Assistance Program. A 100% employer contribution pension plan is also provided after 6 months of employment. With three weeks of vacation, a flexible schedule, and access to 12 personal days off per year, the organization encourages healthy work/life balance.
McMan is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff group benefits and enriches the work environment and contributes to organizational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds.
If you feel you have the skills, background and the desire to work in an extremely rewarding and challenging environment, apply now. If you’re looking to make a difference, make it with McMan.
Salary Range: Please submit salary expectations with your cover letter and resume
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Submit cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org