WONDER LIVES HERE
River Valley School is an independent school providing unparalleled education and character development for children from pre-Junior Kindergarten to grade 6. Our vision is to curate opportunities for learning and discovery that are as dynamic as the world around us. We are a growing school with approximately 250 students within Bowness, Calgary, Alberta.
River Valley School is seeking a dedicated, adaptable and passionate Director of Advancement to join our close-knit and dynamic team. To see the full job description please click HERE.
River Valley School is at a crucial point in its history, with the development of a new strategic plan underway, a capital campaign ready to launch, a passionate senior leadership team, and exceptional faculty and staff.
● Take ownership of and implement an emerging advancement program
● Work with a passionate Head and leadership team and student families
● Craft the Advancement plan based on fulfilling the new Strategic Plan goals
● Leverage keen family interests in strengthening the success of the school
● Set the stage for ongoing and future fundraising success
River Valley School is seeking a candidate with significant experience in a fundraising leadership role, ideally in an independent school or not-for- profit organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to establish, develop, and maintain meaningful and authentic relationships with prospects, donors, parents,
alumni, volunteers, and other constituents to strengthen relationships and grow financial support. They will be a self-starter and have demonstrated experience building a program to success, through strategic planning and thoughtful execution.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- An undergraduate degree in: Commerce, Business Administration, Communications or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A certificate in Fund Raising Management is considered an asset. Equivalencies will be considered
- 5+ years of related experience in fundraising
- 3+ years at a management/supervisory level, with practical experience in strategic planning, budgeting, and mentoring.
Interested candidates are requested to send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The position will remain open until the ideal candidate is selected