Until suitable candidate is found.
Position: Donor Communications Specialist (Full Time)
Want to do work that makes a difference?
You know you want to work at a place you can’t resist bragging about. Join our team as we work to change lives and build a more inclusive economy in Calgary!
Momentum Staff are non-judgmental and receptive, approachable and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards the individual, family, and community. We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and love to celebrate and have fun along the way.
Momentum is an award winning and nationally recognized community economic development organization utilizing innovative approaches to poverty reduction. We use financial literacy, skills training, and small business development as tools to empower people as they exit poverty.
Momentum became certified as a Great Place to Work in Canada in June 2021. Great Place to Work is a global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. We provide competitive compensation and benefits with an unparalleled work environment. We are professional and diverse, so you’ll find a range of people and backgrounds working here: from MBAs to Social Workers and everything in between. We have high standards within a supportive setting that allows us to achieve a lot and have meaningful impact in the community. We’re good corporate citizens with sustainability being one of our values and we take care to reduce our environmental footprint.
If this sounds like a place where you would want to work, please review the position below to see if there’s a fit with your skills and experience.
What you’ll be doing:
Our Resource Development team is poised for growth. Our organizational strategic map sets our sights on new opportunities to meet the future and take our work to scale. The Resource Development team will play an important role in securing the revenue to make these plans possible.
As the Donor Engagement Creative Specialist, you will be an integral member of the Resource Development team. You are a multi-talented communications professional who has a passion to tell stories especially our Momentum story! Your audience consists of prospective donors, Calgary’s business community and foundations that align with our Mission. Your contribution to the Revenue Development team is instrumental to Momentums strategic project work.
Key Responsibility Areas (overview):
- Develop compelling and creative proposals, stories, and content for communications with donors that stand out presenting a strong case for the impact of Momentum’s work.
- Manage a portfolio of 30 donor files with a strong focus on Foundational giving
- Oversee the Momentum “Donate Now” page with relevant content that is consistent with current Momentum messaging and brand
- Create static and custom stewardship reports for donors
- Support the work of Revenue Development including events, strategic giving, and all other fundraising activity
Who we’re looking for:
At a glance, you are someone who:
- Crafts compelling stories and communicates compelling content. You can write and communicate stories in a way that stands out, is persuasive, and causes people to stop and listen.
- Is passionate about creating an inclusive economy and ending poverty. This work clearly lines up with your values and the contribution you want to make to the world.
- Can stay on top of multiple projects at a time. You organize your time well and can deftly switch between a variety of projects and tasks.
- Remains laser focused on results. You strive for clarity of goals, and you align your efforts, energy, and focus to achieve them.
- Is self-motivated. You are internally motivated to deliver your best work to benefit the mission.
- Is a selfless team player. You care about cultivating a healthy team. You are humble and willing to step up to help the team, regardless of how big or small the task is.
What do you need to do the job well:
- Superb written and visual communication skills
- Experience in donor communications, including annual giving, direct mail, cases for giving, proposals and impact reporting
- Humble confidence to translate internal expertise into compelling external narratives
- Skills in scriptwriting, event design and donor engagement
Craft compelling, external donor communications that stand out and present a strong case for the impact of Momentum’s work.
- Donor proposals and reports for major gift donors and funders are timely and lead to greater investment in Momentum’s work.
- Written stewardship pieces are well researched and demonstrate the depth of Momentum’s work as a community economic development organization.
- Visual design skills are up to the task of creating assets that rise above the clutter.
- Custom and static donor reports are created as needed to support effective fundraising.
- With your team, up to three annual giving solicitations letters (Max three per year) are produced that meet expected results.
Oversee timely, quality donor stewardship
- Donations thank you calls are made within two business days of gift.
- The Monthly donor portfolio and newly launched digital monthly giving campaign receive appropriate care and stewardship.
- A portfolio of annual donors receives timely and compelling updates.
Departmental and Community Involvement
- Development of a broad network of relationships throughout organization to support fundraising efforts and contribute to organization-wide success.
Please forward resume with cover letter:
Via e-mail to: email@example.com.
State competition number in subject line of email.
Attention: Hiring Committee
Competition Number: AFP1202
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found.
*Our office is closed from December 24, 2021, to January 3, 2022. Selected candidates will be contacted in the new year when we return to work.
Applicants must state salary expectations in their cover letter.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To see why Momentum is a great place to work and what we have to offer visit www.momentum.org