An active member of the new Foothills Country Hospice Society (FCHS) fund development and external relations team, the Events & Stewardship Associate is responsible for the creation and implementation of inspiring in-person, virtual and hybrid special events and activities to enhance the organization’s profile, cultivate new supporters and steward existing donors and supporters.
Foothills Country Hospice Society (FCHS) began with the dreams and vision of local citizens who saw the need for a free-standing rural residential hospice in the foothills of Southern Alberta. Now, with a plan to expand from 8 to 16 beds and ever-growing demand for its services and outreach programming, FCHS has set ambitious annual and capital goals that are already showing positive results. FCHS is a registered charity and truly offers a unique home-like care setting including private personalized rooms, common family areas, an onsite kitchen and a beautifully landscaped eight-acre setting with pathways and mountain views.
Reporting to the Fund Development Officer and working as an integral part of the fund development and external relations team, the Events & Stewardship Associate is responsible for several annual events including but not limited to the Hike for Hospice, a Gala, and a Car Rally, as well as donor recognition and stewardship events and a number of capital campaign related activities.
The Events & Stewardship Associate will possess a successful track record in event management and will take a hands-on role in producing events while collaborating with stakeholders and arranging all details to ensure every event is inspiring, engaging and goal focused. This role will work collaboratively across the organization including the identification and articulation of event requirements, plans, budgets and mobilizing shared services (i.e., volunteers, IT, data, finance, communications, marketing, social media and others) as they relate to each event’s requirements
- Special events and/or hospitality certificate, diploma or degree is preferred
- Successful track record in event management with demonstrated hands-on experience in producing events
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in developing donor and client relationships
- Outstanding communication, time management and organizational skills
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment, including coordinating and motivating volunteers, peers and stakeholders to deliver on ambitious event plans
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, DonorPerfect or similar, working knowledge of Teams, Zoom and other virtual meeting and event delivery methods
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on more than one event at a time
- Present with a professional and respectful demeanor when working with donors, employees, and volunteers from a diversity of backgrounds
- A standard work week is usually required (Monday – Friday)
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and/or weekends as required for meetings, speaking engagements and events
- Flex time and hybrid working model options possible
- Ability to work in a diversity of settings both on and off site, ability to travel, and a current, valid driver’s license required
- Ability to work in a shared office environment
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Salary Range: $26.35 – $34.36/hour plus benefits depending upon qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: This FTE 0.5 position is anticipated to expand to FTE 0.8 or FTE 1.0 in 2023
- Reporting Line: Fund Development Officer
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Some work with sub-contractors and consultants may be required
For Complete Job Description and Qualifications: View the full job description here
For more info about Foothills Country Hospice visit our website: Foothills Country Hospice