The Communications & Marketing Associate is an integral member of the new fund development and external relations team. Responsible for supporting Foothills Country Hospice Society (FCHS) to achieve its vision and mission through inspiring and effective communications and marketing, the incumbent will utilize a diversity of media and in-person engagement to support annual and capital campaign undertakings, help build relationships and awareness, help stewards supporters, and to support FCHS as it works with those in its care, their loved ones, and the greater community.
FCHS began with the dreams and vision of local citizens who saw the need for a free-standing rural residential hospice in the foothills of Southern Alberta. Now, with a plan to expand from 8 to 16 beds and ever-growing demand for its services and outreach programming, FCHS has set ambitious annual and capital goals that are already showing positive results. FCHS is a registered charity and truly offers a unique home-like care setting including private personalized rooms, common family areas, an onsite kitchen and a beautifully landscaped eight-acre setting with pathways and mountain views.
Reporting to the Executive Director in the short term, and subsequently to the Director of Development/External Relations, the Communications & Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting and/or directly planning for and implementing all communications and marketing initiatives of FCHS. This position prioritizes information sharing and relationship building across the organization including residents and their families, donors and funders, sponsors, partners, community stakeholders, in-house constituencies and others as identified.
- Marketing certificate, diploma or degree in Communications is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in marketing and communications including writing, editing, social media, website, design, advertising and promotion
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communications, time management, administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, working knowledge of Teams, Zoom and a diversity of social media and web based platforms
- A standard work week is usually required (Monday – Friday)
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and/or weekends as required for meetings, speaking engagements and events
- Flex time and hybrid working model options possible
- Ability to work in a diversity of settings both on and off site, ability to travel, and a current, valid driver’s license required
- Ability to work in a shared office environment
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Salary Range: $26.35 – $34.65/hour plus benefits depending upon qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: This FTE 0.5 position is anticipated to expand to FTE 0.8 or FTE 1.0 in 2023
- Reporting Line: Director of Development/External Relations (interim to the Executive Director)
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Some work with sub-contractors and consultants may be required
For Complete Job Description and Qualifications: View the full job description here
For more info about Foothills Country Hospice visit our website: Foothills Country Hospice