FULL TIME = Closing Date: February 10, 2023
Make a difference everyday…
Father Lacombe Care Society proudly provides person centered care to a variety of Calgarians, including (but certainly not limited to) 250+ people living in our Long-Term Care and Supportive Living settings and more than 100 clients who participate in our Adult Day Support Program.
In our industry revenues are fixed and mandated by the government. Therefore we get to be creative and innovative in the way we secure extra funding to do things outside of regular operations. This is where the Father Lacombe Care Foundation comes in. The Society has been blessed with dedicated and enthusiastic contributors to the Father Lacombe Care Foundation’s fundraising initiatives. Through the generous contribution of donors over the past 10 years we have been privileged to expand our operations enabling us to further enhance the lives of Calgarians.
Our buildings are located on the southern banks of Fish Creek Park. When our staff come to work they feel like they are leaving the city and entering a small community. Our core values of Excellence, Sacredness of Life, Compassion, Spirituality, and Justice are exemplified in how we care for our residents and staff. While committed to our Catholic values, we respect the religious beliefs of all. We are so proud of the work our team has done through the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring residents and staff are protected and safe.
Significant projects that would not have been possible if it were not for our donors include Providence Care Centre – a 160 bed facility providing Long Term Care, Supportive Living, and private care for retired priests; Our Lady of Providence Chapel – to provide residents and community members a sacred space for worship, prayer, reflection, and spiritual care; Healing Garden – a glorious private and secure garden accessible by residents living with dementia; and most recently, the purchase of an accessible bus to allow us to bring residents out into the community to enjoy life to the fullest.
If you have a heart for seniors, and a desire to make a difference in the lives of others, and a creative and innovative spirit, this is the job for you!
Reporting to a board of Trustees, the Fund Development Officer (FDO) is essential in making this all happen. By developing and nurturing relationships with current and new donors, the FDC will lead the fund development activities including planned giving, major gifts, corporate giving/sponsorships, grant applications, fundraising activities, exploring new modes of funding, and evolving fund development approaches.
- Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field.
- Certification and membership in the Association of Fundraising Professional (AFP) required.
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) an asset.
- Clean criminal records check.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate
- positively with a variety of individuals, including philanthropists, business executives, volunteers, and government officials at all levels.
- High energy level; enthusiasm and the ability to independently work under pressure to meet short deadlines and juggle multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding and application of computer programs, including, but not limited to, MS products, social media, accounting software, donor software etc.
- Strong interest in community and sense of ethical responsibility.
- Ability to motivate, persuade and inspire people to give to Father Lacombe Care Foundation.
- Excellent organizational and staff supervisory skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to develop and make presentations to potential funders, Boards of Directors, and a variety of stakeholders.
- Three years’ experience in fund-raising/public relations/marketing, preferably at a management level.
- Proven track record of cultivating and securing major gifts/sponsorships.
- Knowledge of Donor Bill of Rights and Fundraising Code of Ethics required.
- Strategic planning: design, implementation, and evaluation.
We recognize the importance of keeping our employees, residents, and visitors healthy. As such, as a condition of employment, all staff hired are required to receive all Alberta Health Services recommended vaccinations including the annual influenza vaccine and COVID-19.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com prior to the application closing date of February 10, 2023.
The Father Lacombe Care Society has a long and proud history of working with Calgary`s seniors and their families. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.fatherlacombe.ca/ We thank all candidates for applying. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All qualified resumes will be held on file for six (6) months.