Heritage Park is looking for an experienced individual to join our Fund Development Department in the role of Fund Development Advisor. Under the direction of the Director of Fund Development, the Fund Development Advisor provides and implements annual giving strategy for Heritage Park. Priorities are stewarding current donors, and increasing annual revenues and number of donors. This is a full-time, year-round position with an excellent benefits and pension plan package
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends effective strategies to grow the donor base;
- Implements annual donor program with a goal to increase total annual donations;
- Develops and implements strategy for the Heritage Club and other fundraising membership programs;
- Grows monthly donor program;
- Manages raffles, auctions and other existing fundraising initiatives;
- Develops and implements the strategy for the Asset Management;
- Works with Fund Development team to identify and qualify major contributors to progress into major donor program;
- Manages event driven revenue opportunities like Christmas in Alberta, and Carnivale amongst others;
- Creates new opportunities to generate revenue to meet established targets;
- Researches, identifies and writes grant proposals;
- Ensures an effective stewardship plan is developed and implemented;
- Prepares communication strategies and works closely with the Marketing team to implement;
- Establishes goals, targets, and measures results;
- Provides support to the Director of Fund Development and the Fund Development Department during meetings with potential donors and in the preparation of and follow-through on proposals, meetings and correspondence with donors;
- Coordinates volunteers who help with fund development support; and
- Willing to work toward personal fund development targets.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis in business, communications or administration preferred, and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in fundraising is required, including coordinating fundraising events, donor appreciation activities, sponsor fulfilment, and working directly with donors (or an equivalent combination of education and experience);
- Must have worked in a fund development team environment;
- Demonstrated advancement in a fund development focused career;
- Ability to manage budgets, lead annual planning, and inspire support from peers and team members;
- Experience working with Raisers Edge, prospecting software, and other fund development tools; and
- Continuous learning and membership in professional association.
- Proven fund development and annual giving experience;
- Ability to achieve fundraising targets;
- Experience creating and implementing fund development strategies using diverse fundraising programs;
- Must possess exceptional public relations, interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and remain organized when you have multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- Experience working with volunteers, motivating them to support fund development efforts;
- Strong administrative and computer skills are required, including experience with MS Office software, desktop publishing, website maintenance, and A/V support;
- Interest and experience in working with diverse groups of people;
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to generate results while working independently; accuracy, attention to detail and respect for confidentiality are essential; and
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
Special Clothing and Equipment:
- This position must be prepared to meet with donors at any time; professional business attire is therefore required; and
- May be required to wear a costume (as provided by the costume department) during certain fundraising events.
Hours of Work:
- 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday; and
- Early morning, evening and weekend work is required throughout the year.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.