United Way of Calgary and Area
February 21, 2022
Transformational Gifts Specialist
United Way of Calgary and Area is looking for a Transformational Gifts Specialist professional to join our Resource Development team. If you are passionate about your community, aspire to make an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you!
This role will move forward key priorities and strategies to support United Way’s Transformational Giving program. The Transformational Gifts Specialist will be responsible for maximizing transformational ($1M+) philanthropic gifts in support of United Way’s Community Impact Strategy and Revenue Strategy. Reporting to the Manager, Transformational Giving, this position will proactively implement exceptional relationship management, cultivation and solicitation strategies, to secure support and build sustainable relationships and collaborate across the organization to strengthen the Transformational Giving program.
What you will do
- Model and provide best in class relationship management for Transformational Giving level prospects ensuring highly personalized, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships and monitor progress on assigned portfolio of donors
- Develop, support, activate and advise on strategies in collaboration with relationship managers and executives to cultivate and secure Transformational level investments for United Way of Calgary and Area
- Develop creative and strategic approaches to inspire new prospective Transformational Gift donors
- Employ donor centered strategies and tactics that engage donors and compel Transformational level investments, collaborating regularly with Community Impact & Partnerships, Marketing & Communications, and project teams (proposals, compelling visuals, updates, announcements, engagement opportunities)
- Support training and resource sharing with staff to build a culture of Transformational Giving across the Resource Development department and the organization
- Assist in long range planning and strategy development for the Transformational Gifts program
What you will bring
- 5 years’ experience in fundraising, including large campaign and major gifts
- University degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Knowledge of the principles of fundraising – able to build strategies for all aspects of the gift cycle
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates
- Exceptional relationship management and relationship building skills
- Highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional speaking and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with all levels of an organization including Executive team
- Excellent listening skills, ability to connect with external constituents from all walks of life.
- Outstanding project management and collaborations skills, ability to work cross functionally
- Track record of achieving expected results
- Adaptable and able to flourish with change
United, we make the biggest difference
United Way is a not-for-profit organization that has played a vital role in our community for over 80 years. As a social impact organization, our mission is clear: we mobilize communities for the common purpose of working together to create lasting social change.
In addition to meaningful work where you can have an impact, United Way also offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and flexible working hours.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and respected, and that reflects the diverse community we serve. We welcome application from all qualified candidates, and encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, styles and abilities to apply. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
At United Way, we are committed to protecting our team, our clients, and the community we serve by providing a safe and healthy workplace. Accordingly, successful candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment by their start date or provide written proof of an approved exemption in accordance with Alberta Human Rights legislation.
Send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume (PDF) by 4pm February 21, 2022 to email@example.com
Subject Line: Transformational Gifts Specialist – Your Name.
To learn more about United Way of Calgary and Area, please visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.