Inn From The Cold
You have a passion for making a difference, you crave the opportunity to impact your community and you would describe yourself as someone who seeks a career with purpose. You have a strong internal drive that pushes you to seek challenging work in a collaborative, professional and reputable environment that does meaningful work in Calgary.
Inn from the Cold (IFTC) is housing focused, our mission is to offer shelter, housing and coordinated supports to help children and their families achieve independence. We need passionate, high-performing and solution-oriented team members to achieve our mission and have an exciting and challenging opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to the Director, External Relations, The Grant Writer will be a resourceful and detail oriented individual who enjoys research and writing. This position will work closely with the Resource Development team as well as other members of Inn from the Cold team. This position will conduct basic research on potential funding sources and will maintain the funding opportunities and related tasks in Raiser’s Edge donor database. This position will develop and submit departmental and/or institutional grant applications as well as support staff in developing major gift proposals. The position is also responsible in submitting donor impact reports to donors.
Inn from the Cold works from Housing First, Trauma Informed and Harm Reduction principles in our programs and is committed to diversity and inclusion in all of our practices.
- Develops and transforms ideas into compelling narratives for funding applications, proposals and reports
- Submits grant applications and serves as a liaison between Inn from the Cold and funding organizations
- Generates research for government, foundations, and corporate grants
- Conducts interdepartmental meetings to gather project information, funding needs and budgets
- Ensures compliance with funding requirements
- Enters and maintains funding opportunities and related tasks in Raiser’s Edge
- Prepares quarterly or annual reports as required by funders or donors
- Regularly reports on all grant research and application activities
- Handles confidential financial records and grant materials with great discretion
- Other duties as assigned
- BA Degree in English or related field desired
- Ability to work on several projects at once under tight deadlines
- 3 years of grant writing experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Creative and Persuasive writer
- Be able to write in a clear and concise manner
- Highly detail oriented
- Shows initiative in building and maintaining the foundation pipeline
- Must be very familiar with the grant application process
- Raiser’s Edge or Raiser’s Edge: NXT Fundamentals experience an asset
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and ingenuity in preparing grant applications
- Ability to participate as a team player
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data
This position profile reflects the general duties of the position, but is not intended to be a detailed description of all duties that may be inherent in the position. Inn from the Cold offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including comprehensive health and dental benefits, a health spending account, and RRSP matching after three months of service.
How to apply:
Apply on Inn from the Cold’s website at: https://innfromthecold.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=55
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
No phone calls or email inquiries please
Mission & Values
At Inn from the Cold (IFTC), our mission is to offer shelter, housing, and coordinated supports to assist children and their families achieve independence.
Compassionate We demonstrate kindness, caring, and a genuine motivation to help
Respectful We hold ourselves and other in high regard and demonstrate this through our attitudes and behaviors
Courageous We are brave and bold and stand strong in our representation for families
Accountable We do what we say and conduct ourselves with integrity and openness
Inclusive We value the rich diversity of people and the right of all to participate fully, without fear or discrimination
Innovative We strive to achieve positive and impactful change by building knowledge, pursuing new ideas, collaborating with others, and learning from our efforts
Inn from the Cold is committed to building and fostering a safe and inclusive workplace that values diversity and provides opportunities for all employees to thrive. IFTC will make every effort to recruit qualified staff to fulfill its vision, mission and values, and who reflect the diversity of clients it serves.