Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
December 3 2021
(Recommended to include, but not required)
$70,000 - 80,000
Closing On: 2021-12-03
Employment Type: Full-Time
*Tim Hortons Foundation Camps is adding four exciting new roles to the Development team and seeking a Senior Manager (Corporate Partnerships), Senior Manager (Individual Giving), Senior Manager (Special Events) and Senior Manager (Marketing & Fund Development). For more information, please see additional position briefs at www.kcitalent.com and contact Sylvie Battisti, Vice President, KCI Search + Talent.
As a leader in youth development, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps (THFC) has for the past 45 years, served more than 300,000 youth from every Tim Hortons community, empowering them to believe in their own potential and change their stories for the better.
The Senior Manager, Marketing and Fund Development will support the Foundation’s Fund Development Team in developing and executing a marketing plan. This plan will generate increased awareness of opportunities for our current and prospective donors to support and engage in fund development activities. These actions will contribute to maintaining our current donor base and growing our prospective donor pipeline resulting in progressive revenue growth for the Foundation. The Senior Manager will contribute to the overall annual revenue goal of $3.75M through direct digital fundraising efforts and campaigns.
Reporting to the Director, Fund Development, the new incumbent will also manage the brand and visual identity of the Foundation as it pertains to external fund development by being responsible for the development of creative assets for digital and social marketing, annual campaigns, and special events.
The Senior Manager, Marketing and Fund Development will be an important contributor to THFC’s culture, driven by inclusivity, collaboration, and our strategic framework. They will work closely with related key internal and external partners. As a data-driven professional, supported by external agencies, the Senior Manager will promote a culture of innovation and best-in-class marketing and digital practices.
While positioning for continued fundraising capacity growth, allowing for greater reach and impact of our programs, THFC remains focused on what has always made it an incredible organization: a strong culture that models excellence in everything we do; making a meaningful and lifelong difference in the lives of the young people we serve; and, inspiring everyone who encounters them.
This position will be based remotely in any national location with a willingness to travel occasionally in Canada, when it is safe to do so.
ABOUT TIM HORTONS FOUNDATION CAMPS
The Tim Hortons Foundation Camps was established in 1974 in memory of the great hockey player, Tim Horton, to honour his love for children and his desire to make a difference in their lives. The Foundation is dedicated to fostering within our youth the quest for a brighter future.
As a charitable youth development organization, the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps funds and delivers programs designed to address the cultural roots of poverty and change the way that young people from economically disadvantaged circumstances think about themselves and the opportunities that exist for them. We meet youth where they are, offering a multi-year leadership development program, tailor-made to the challenges they face and supporting their development of important life skills.
Through our Summer and School Programs, we invest in youth from Tim Hortons communities across North America. Building on the strengths that exist within them, youth develop into empowered and engaged community members, able to change their story.
We work with Tim Hortons restaurant owners, schools from priority neighbourhoods, youth serving agencies like Big Brothers, Big Sisters and Children’s Aid to select kids who would benefit from a Tims Camps experience.
Tims Camps has seven camp locations across Canada and the United States. Camp experiences are completely free to campers and their families thanks to our passionate restaurant owners, team members, guests, corporate sponsors, and individual donors.
Multi-day, multi-visit & multi-impact – our programs offer a deep investment in youth, whether in-person at summer camp, in classrooms and at camp during the school year, or virtually through our digital programming. At camp, youth learn skills geared towards positive relationships, academic success, and community engagement, and in between sessions they complete a community service project. In 2020, we unveiled a digital eCamp experience to provide a safe, supportive, and nurturing space for youth during the pandemic.
Everything we do is measurable. We have successfully used camp experiences to develop social and emotional skills and learning and innovation skills. The impact is felt in classrooms, in positive relationships, in self identity, in career prospects. We survey campers and teachers to quantify the change and improve our program, ensuring we’re meeting the needs of the campers we serve.
Evidence from our multi-year, multi-visit camper and teacher impact survey data shows a positive impact on camper development, growth, and achievement in these important life skills and outcomes.
2021 marked 47 years of Tims Camps. In nearly half-a-century, more than 300,000 youth from every community where there is a Tim Hortons restaurant have gone through our programming. Our participants may remember the canoe trips and campfires best—but we’re focused on the horizon, on ensuring youth have the skills and opportunities needed to thrive, pursue their education, find meaningful jobs, enrich their communities, and lead fulfilling lives.
Our Camp Programs
Summer Program: Youth ages 12-16 (9 days, four consecutive summers)
Through our unique four-year, camp-based program, youth participate in a variety of increasingly challenging development programs encouraging them to believe in their own potential. Programs include traditional camp activities like archery, canoeing and camping, as well as academic and financial literacy activities that help teach them how to set goals, create a budget, apply for post-secondary scholarships, and build a career path.
School Program: Youth in grades 6-8 (One, 4-day camp visit)
While the summer program is most well-known, the School Program which takes place during the year (Fall, Winter and Spring), actually reaches more participants. Partnering with schools from low-income neighbourhoods, students participate in a visit to camp during their academic year. Following their visit to camp, students work to achieve personal goals that support further development regarding personal wellbeing, academic success, meaningful employment, and community connection.
eCamp: Total eCampers served in 2020 & 2021: 7,679
Launched in the summer of 2020 at the height of the pandemic, Tims eCamp has been revamped for 2021 to ensure we’re showing up for young people when they need us most. With their mental health and well-being in mind, eCamp offers a safe and supportive digital community for youth to connect with others, learn, and grow. eCampers participate in two weeks of daily, live programming, learning new skills and developing as leaders, and have access to digital resources and an online community all summer.
Camp in a Box
When Tims eCamp wrapped up at the end of August 2020, our team quickly shifted to reimagine our school program. Knowing that we wouldn’t be able to bring schools to camp in the short term, we decided to bring the camp spirit to schools through “Camp in a Box”. Since then, we have delivered Camp in a Box programming focusing on social and emotional development to 75 schools in under-resourced neighbourhoods, reaching 4,100 students. These boxes were filled with our signature Gr8 Bead lesson plans, physically distant camp games, Kids Help Phone resources, Camp Day bracelets, journals, teacher appreciation gifts and activities suited for classroom learning.
Furthermore, when Tim Hortons communities were in need during the COVID-19 pandemic, Tims Camps stepped up. From community gardens and partnerships with local food banks to donating personal protective equipment to local health authorities and wellness supplies to local shelters, our camp teams were there when the community needed us most.
2020 Annual Report: https://gratitudereport.timscamps.com/
Financial Statements: https://timscamps.com/about-tims-camps/financial-statements/
Our Reach: https://timscamps.com/what-we-do/our-reach/
Our Impact: https://timscamps.com/what-we-do/our-impact/
Our Programs: https://timscamps.com/what-we-do/our-programs/
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director, Fund Development, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Fund Development will:
- Develop and execute a digital marketing plan to grow the foundation donor pipeline and drive new revenue into the Foundation
- Oversee branding and execute advertising and promotional campaigns as it pertains to external fund development for the foundation. This work will be completed within the context of the broader Foundation branding and communication guidelines
- Oversee the implementation of digital fundraising and stewardship campaigns, including search engine marketing, social media and digital advertising
- Responsible for growing and achieving outlined metrics for prospect and donor acquisition
- Innovate by bringing new ideas and thoughts to the Foundation – working closely with the Fund Development and Communications Teams
- Oversee digital donor journey and ensure a positive donor experience.
- Responsible for planning, management and budget variance reporting for the Fund Development Marketing budget
- Lead the search for new and emerging platforms, applications, and methodologies, as needed
- Liaise and manage relationships with stakeholders including Tim Hortons and agency partners
- Support the Director, Fund Development in the execution of relevant sections of the multi-year Fund Development Plan for the team, and ensure integration across the organization
- Monitor results and report on progress relative to the function of Marketing and Fund Development and related activities
- Ensure that fundraising and marketing practices are aligned with the Canada Revenue Agency legislation and guidelines, and with the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPETENCIES
- Post-Secondary education in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant professional marketing role, including marketing and communications plan development and execution
- Knowledge of marketing practices and experience in optimizing marketing strategies and budgets as they pertain to the charitable sector
- In depth understanding and experience of technical and creative aspects of digital and mobile marketing
- Compelling creative writing skills, as it pertains to the charitable sector
- Experience in developing and executing successful digital marketing programs to generate prospective donor leads
- Proven experience in marketing strategy, technical implementation, and measurement of initiatives
- Exceptional design skills from concept to creation (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Digitally native and data driven, with experience in relevant web analytic platforms (Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, etc.)
- Bilingualism (French/English) will be considered an asset
- Willingness to travel occasionally, when it is safe to do so
- Fast paced, independent, self-starter yet exceptional collaborator
- Ambitious, creative, and results oriented
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the Ontario Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Individuals who are not Fully Vaccinated are required to adhere to additional safety protocols when attending the workplace. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
KCI Search + Talent has been retained to conduct this search on behalf of Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Sylvie Battisti, Vice President, KCI Search + Talent or Christine Cho, Senior Search Consultant by email at THFCMarketing@kcitalent.com
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by December 3, 2021.
To view the full Position Brief, please visit: www.kcitalent.com
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both KCI and Tim Hortons Foundation Camps throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Please note that the hiring salary range for this position is $70,000 – $80,000, based on experience.