Manager, Leadership Giving
Remote (Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan)
$70,000-80,000, commensurate with experience
Closing not specified
Full-Time, Management Level
In January 2021, JDRF Canada launched its $100M Campaign to Accelerate, a bold fundraising initiative that aims to transform our approach to T1D research, redesigning it for speed and maximizing our impact. It will move us beyond insulin and accelerate towards cures. This is an exciting time to join JDRF as the Campaign will rally volunteers from coast to coast to help us raise $100 million over the next five years to bring innovative and life-changing therapies to patients and families faster, and to ensure that Canadians living with T1D have greater access to lifesaving technology and mental health supports that help more people thrive.
We’re currently seeking a Manager of Leadership Giving to join our team and to support the planning and execution of major gift fundraising within Alberta and Prairies Region.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Support the development strategies for JDRF’s Campaign to Accelerate, including major gifts fundraising planning, ownership of financial target, regular reporting of activity against target, and developing plans to meet target
- Develop and implement strategies to increase revenue of major gift giving among existing and potential donors and partners
- Complete moves management activity that results in retention and migration of current portfolio
- Grow and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects through the development of cultivation and solicitation plans to close major gifts ($5,000-$100,000)
- Build meaningful connections with qualified prospects that result in new and diverse revenue streams
- Implement creative strategies and quality stewardship that inspires donors to make multi-year commitment and/ or stretch gifts
- Collaborate with a team of major gift professionals to identify and qualify prospects and build appropriate strategies to capture giving potential
- Partner with volunteer leadership to solicit funding and other support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources of funding and/or influence
- Support development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations for donor, advisor and community foundations meetings
- Establish a detailed 12-month plan to engage and cultivate assigned prospects
- Ensure CRM is up-to-date with all donor activity and opportunities
- Build trust and partnership with regional staff to identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Regularly report on progress of campaign plan achievement and variances as requested ensuring timely communication to staff and major gift volunteers
- Support the achievement of the annual fundraising goal and JDRF’s Campaign to Accelerate goals
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree in Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline and a minimum 5 years’ progressive leadership experience in senior fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to identify leadership giving opportunities
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to grow major gift program by moving quickly on opportunities
- Ability to articulate the mission and goals of JDRF to the community at large both verbally and in all forms of written communication
- Understanding of type 1 diabetes or auto immune conditions and the process of peer reviewed research is an asset
- Experience building consensus and achieving results in a complex business environment
- Ability to quickly build trust with volunteers
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to manage key relationships with donors, corporate partners, staff, and volunteers
- The ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with great listening and empathy skills and a keen sense of diplomacy
- Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
- Proven ability to influence with integrity and to work independently
- Flexibility in hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors is required
- Ability to travel to meet with donors, volunteers and stakeholders as needed (approx. 30%); a Valid Driver’s License is required
Location Preference: This position supports the Alberta and Prairies region, so the new incumbent will need to live within the region and be able to travel to meet with donors within the region; We are a remote-first organization so this role will work remotely from a home-office.
Mandatory vaccination policy: We require all JDRF employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The health, safety and well-being of our employees, volunteers, visitors, donors and event participants is our top priority. Throughout the pandemic, we have made adjustments to our health and safety guidelines, protocols and policies along the way based on the evolution of COVID-19 as well as public health guidelines, regional conditions and science-based evidence. Vaccinations, combined with other health measures remain the best way for everyone to help protect our staff, volunteers, donors and T1D community
Why choose JDRF?
At JDRF, we foster innovation and strive to think differently while working towards our mission in a collaborative, dynamic and positive work environment. Each day, we live our core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability. We prioritize growing our talent from within and strive to provide development opportunities to our team. We also offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online today.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.