At United Way of Calgary and Area, we believe that united, we make the biggest difference. We’re strongest when we come together to improve local lives and communities – and when we come together as a team, we passionately propel our mission forward. We’re currently looking for a Philanthropic Partnership and Investment Specialist to join our dynamic Resource Development team.
Reporting to the Manager, Transformational Giving, the Philanthropic Partnership and Investment Specialist will design and implement investment plans for select philanthropic investors (donors, foundations, and corporations), promoting strategic relationship building and strong partnerships. As part of the Philanthropic Partnerships team, this role identifies and packages compelling investment opportunities that inspire donors to support United Way initiatives, innovations and emerging community impact work.
If you are passionate about your community, aspire to make an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you!
What you will do
- Design and implement (or support the implementation of) customized investment plans for philanthropic investors (donors, foundations, and corporations)
- Develop compelling investment proposals, report backs, grant applications, recognition plans and other sales and promotional materials to inspire transformational and multi-year commitments ($1M + donations)
- Provide expertise and strategic support across Resource Development in the areas of partnership building, philanthropic investment planning and stewardship.
- Work in an integrated team environment to anticipate donor relationship needs and efficiently prioritize team strategies and tactics.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent
- Experience in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility would be considered an asset.
- Experience compiling and writing effective and informative report backs to funders, donors, and investment partners based on goals, strategies, and expected outcomes.
- Broad knowledge of the principals of fundraising – from prospecting to cultivation and solicitation, to securing funding and initiating effective stewardship practices
- Keen interest and ability to discern and identify the interests and needs for key philanthropic partners, in particular, major donors and foundations.
- Keen understanding and ability to frame impact strategies as tangible investments for key philanthropic partners (donors, foundations and/or corporations)
- Must have a passion and strong aptitude for writing.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse client accounts.
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented and committed to high quality work.
- Ability to prioritize and be adaptable within a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives working both independently but also as part of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and fundraising databases
United, we make the biggest difference
United Way is a not-for-profit organization that has played a vital role in our community for over 80 years. As a social impact organization, our mission is clear: we mobilize communities for the common purpose of working together to create lasting social change.
In addition to meaningful work where you can have an impact, United Way also offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a hybrid work environment, and flexible working hours.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and respected, and that reflects the diverse community we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, styles, and abilities to apply. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
At United Way we are committed to protecting our team, our clients, and the community we serve by providing a safe and healthy workplace. We will follow all health and safety guidelines in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Alberta and Alberta Health Services guidelines.
Send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume (PDF) by 4 pm April 3, 2023 to email@example.com
Subject Line: Philanthropic Partnership and Investment Specialist – Your Name.
To learn more about the United Way of Calgary and the Area, please visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.