Closing On: April 14, 2023
Employment Type: fulltime Level: intermediate
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000 (commensurate with experience)
Location: Remote Work-from-Home Opportunity
For 31 years, Canada has known them as the Breast Cancer Society of Canada. But just as the research they fund is always evolving, the organization you know has also evolved to become Breast Cancer Canada. What hasn’t changed is their laser-focused commitment to advancing innovative breast cancer research – especially research geared towards precision oncology.
Breast Cancer Canada (BCC) is poised to grow into a national organization with immense impact. The vision of ending breast cancer is one shared by many, especially those whose lives have been touched by breast cancer. The organization realizes that it cannot achieve the dream alone. It needs the generous support of time, talent, and treasure from many to bring the shared vision to life. BCC gets closer to making this vision a reality through each partnership, including breast cancer researchers, patients and families, community members, organizations, volunteers across Canada, Board members, and staff. It is through them and in them that BCC finds its voice, passion, energy, and momentum.
BCC is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant (EA) to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful candidate will ensure the smooth-running of the BCC virtual office, working both on a one-to-one basis with the CEO and management team, but also on a wider basis with internal and external stakeholders such as Board members, the Scientific Advisory Committee, partners, and donors.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful EA will bring excellent organizational skills, be proactive, and possess a professional demeanor. Ultimately, the Executive Assistant will be equipped with experience, able to tackle any task given to them in a timely fashion and communicate effectively.
Experience and Skills you bring:
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience as an executive assistant, ideally in a virtual office environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Highly professional demeanor, adaptable, understands the need for professional discretion
- A critical thinker with excellent judgment and ability to multitask and prioritize
- A solid project manager who is proactive and brings excellent time management skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Brings good self-structure / self management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in computer skills — excellent working knowledge of computers, databases, software, and Windows operating system
- Ability to travel 5 – 6 times annually across Canada and the USA (valid passport required)
- Two years post-secondary training including a recognized Administrative Professional or Business Administration Program or equivalent experience
What Breast Cancer Canada offers you in return:
- Compensation range around $55,000 – $60,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Opportunity for growth in this small and growing, fast-paced impactful organization
- Strong health benefits including drug, vision and dental
- A health spending account
- Remote/virtual office environment in a national organization
Breast Cancer Canada is strongly committed to diversity within its staff, Board and volunteers, and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons living with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Breast Cancer Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in two separate documents (PDF or Word).
By April 14, 2023, please submit your application to
https://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/#/posting/PR-252 on the Job Openings page of the crawfordconnect website.
Issues with applying? Please email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If someone you know may be interested in this position, feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.