Bow Valley College
December 31, 2021
Reporting to the Lead, Alumni Engagement, this position will support all aspects of alumni relations delivery, including annual alumni programming, e-communications, data management, event management, and volunteer stewardship. There are elements of project management within this role.
The Alumni Engagement Officer supports the Lead, Alumni Engagement and Fund Development and Alumni Engagement Team to execute Bow Valley College’s Alumni Engagement Strategy, specifically:
Alumni Relations Support:
Supports the execution of alumni engagement events and programming. These duties may include overseeing all aspects of event execution, including maintenance of guest lists, invitations, selection of venues and menus, streamlining processes, and general oversight of the event.
Effectively articulates the goals and mission of the College to our alumni:
- Responds to requests and queries from Bow Valley College alumni relating to alumni services and activities.
- Maintains and updates content within the alumni pages of the Bow Valley College website, including service, event and news updates and contribution to the creation and updating of alumni profiles.
- Promotes Bow Valley College alumni networks and services via online social networking sites such as the College’s own site, LinkedIn and Facebook, and to develop new ways of leveraging these methods of engagement
- Undertakes mailings to alumni as required.
- Liaises with Schools and Students Association Bow Valey College and alumni to encourage further student-alumni interaction and engagement.
- Provides support to Bow Valley College alumni volunteers regarding their offers of help to Bow Valley College, for example with visits, guest lectures and engagement with student recruitment and the student experience.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with a range of alumni, donors, colleagues, and stakeholders and use these to facilitate efficient service delivery.
- Provides administrative and logistic support for alumni activities and events, including alumni card requests.
- Collaborates with the Lead, Alumni Engagement to maintain alumni information, including personal contact details and employment information. Records feedback and ongoing communications and captures relevant data and produces statistical information on alumni as required.
- Collates, records and monitors event attendance, also carrying out follow-up action and referrals.
- Provides relevant information to the Lead, Alumni Engagement in relation to alumni contributions in terms of time and expertise.
- Provides administrative support to the team: including room bookings, catering and parking arrangements for visitors and events.
- Provides coverage for the team during leave and staff absences and to undertake general office duties as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
- Diploma in a related field in combination with 1-3 years of progressive career experience.
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent organization skills, communication skills, including the ability to connect people with one another and, most importantly, to the College.
- Ability to effectively articulate the goals and mission of the College to the alumni.
- Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database experience preferred.
- Experience in a marketing and/or communication setting with direct in community relations/ outreach as well as experience with social media and online platforms.
- Must be able to think critically, analyze data, problem-solve, multitask and have a strong customer service orientation.
- Strong computer skills including database work, MS Office, Google, Banner, e-Newsletter platform, and web/social media expertise.
- Superior oral and written communication skills including copywriting and editorial skills.
This is a continuous (Exempt) position. Please also note that all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.