Annual Giving Officer
At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, UM is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
Are you excited about building lasting relationships with donors? Do you believe in the power of higher education? The University of Manitoba’s Alumni and Donor Relations team is looking for individuals interested in working in a dynamic and engaging fundraising role. The successful applicant will work directly with donors and prospects in order to support the advancement of faculty priorities at the University of Manitoba. Check out umanitoba.ca/careers to apply!
In consultation with the Director, Price Faculty of Engineering, the Annual Giving Officer will design and develop effective leadership annual giving strategies that enhance continued and increased support to the University of Manitoba.
-Contacts alumni and donors to solicit charitable donations and/or arranges a meeting to discuss a donation. -Maintains a personal portfolio of donor and prospective donors. -Maintains an active portfolio of 150 donors and prospects. -Conducts a high volume of solicitation/qualification calls. -Maintains an accurate record of meetings. -Conducts follow-up as necessary, including thank you letters and phone calls as well as provide additional information on areas within the university. -Stewards established donor relationships. -Actively solicits, cultivates, qualifies and hands-off prospects in accordance with their interests, capacity, and propensity. -Works proactively with unit partners to ensure successful prospect and pipeline management. -Works with annual awards donors to ensure pledges are fulfilled. -Establishes a relationship with the Dean and other key faculty members and engages these individuals as needed in the fundraising process. -Works with Deans to develop case for support for faculty and college fundraising priorities. -Develops faculty fundraising plans, in conjunction with the Alumni and Donor Relations team. -Regularly communicates plans and progress against the goal to the Deans. -Marshalls resources for their faculty from Gift Planning, Annual Giving, Advancement Services, and Alumni Relations to ensure a high level of service for their faculties. -Becomes experts on the units that they are supporting in terms of the details of the fundraising projects that are identified. -In conjunction with Alumni Relations, provides support for reunion gift chairs, including the production and management of prospect reports and other relevant information. -Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- University Degree required.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
- Three (3) years directly related experience in fundraising required.
- Personal solicitation, both telephone and face-to-face, experience required.
- Experience in leadership fundraising preferred.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Skilled in dealing effectively with all levels of the University community, the public, and outside organizations and agencies required.
- Above average communication skills, both verbal and written, with public speaking skills is required.
- Must be articulate, motivational, enthusiastic, and comfortable working in a computerized environment.
- Excellent training and people skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working both independently and as a team member is required.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to exercise and take independent action.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and supervise activities.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s recruitment site, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=18735
Closing Date: December 23, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and “The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other diverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of “The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy” (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.