The Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation is the official fundraising body for the Alberta Children’s Hospital. As a leader in the not-for-profit sector, the Foundation is dedicated to upholding our “I CARE” values of Integrity, Collaboration, Authenticity, Respect and Excellence. Our employees embrace these values and, through their commitment and dedication to excellence, enrich our relationships with our donors, partners, stakeholders, and the community, and support our mission:
To inspire our community to invest in excellence in child health, research & family centred care.
Our team truly believes that, together with our community, we can build healthier futures for all our children.
Our Associate, Donor Engagement is a key member of the Fund Development team, responsible for providing support for projects and activities related to a broad range of donors and stakeholders. With guidance from the Manager, Donor Engagement, this role will support organizational donor stewardship and recognition activity with overall responsibilities including: coordination of reporting; drafting and distributing correspondence; tracking donor interactions; and providing support for recognition events and activities. Using technology, time management and prioritization strategies, the role balances ongoing administrative responsibilities with the increased requirements for donor engagement activities such as reporting and events during periods of high volume and demand, making effective use of resources to ensure a positive donor experience is maintained.
Specific Role Responsibilities
As our Associate, Donor Engagement, you will:
- Provide administrative support for associated programs and activities including: preparation and distribution of correspondence, coordination of large mailings, list coordination, review of Child Health Grant program progress and final reports, and customize communications as This includes providing support for the completion of donor thank you calls for gifts of $500 to $999.
- Ensure all donor communication, activity and constituent record updates are entered appropriately in the database, supporting the development and extraction of lists, reports, and queries.
- Act as the key point of contact and Foundation ambassador for the Tribute Giving program with accountability for responding to inquiries, providing weekly reports, investigating missing information, producing appropriate and timely notifications to honorees and next of kin, and updating and maintaining accurate database
- Coordinate impact reporting and support the completion of a variety of annual
- Provide support to the Fund Development teams in the development, planning and execution of donor stewardship meetings and This includes virtual event coordination, managing invitations, collecting responses, and physical event set up/take down.
- Coordinate physical donor recognition including naming and donor
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have a minimum of five (5) years experience in a support role, with at least three (3) of those years in a not-for-profit Preference will be given to those with previous not-for-profit, sales, or customer service experience. Your experience is coupled with a post-secondary diploma, degree, or course work related to non-profit, office administration, or another relevant program. Suitable combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Your technical and database proficiency have been honed through your working experience in a customer relationship management database. Although Raiser’s Edge experience is not required, it would be considered an asset. Your database proficiency is complemented by intermediate level skills in the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Experience with SharePoint and InDesign/Creative Cloud is preferred.
- In your previous roles, you have demonstrated a high degree of accuracy and superior attention to detail. Your excellent administrative skills include experience developing professional written materials for a variety of audiences, and strong verbal communication skills.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for delivering excellence in customer/donor service with a high level of compassion, empathy, and professionalism.
- You are well-organized and self-directed with a strong sense of accountability which ensures you are able to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive and dynamic environment. At the same time, you are flexible with a demonstrated ability to readily adapt and change directions in response to immediate needs or shifting
- Although you are an independent, innovative, and resourceful, you are seen as a strong team player with outstanding interpersonal and relationship building
- Given the current environment, you are equipped to work from home, transitioning to the office environment when required.
We hope that in reading our job ad, you love who we are, what we do, and are inspired to apply for this role. While we work hard and have high expectations of ourselves, our strong work ethic is balanced by an enthusiastic sense of humour and the ability to have fun along the way. The entire team at the Foundation truly embraces the mission and vision to enhance care for children and families. Join us as we work towards achieving that vision.
To be considered for this amazing opportunity, submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining what makes you our ideal candidate. Please include your compensation expectations for this role.
Applications will be accepted via our Career Centre until the end of the day on May 13th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for interview. Please visit the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation website for further information about our team and organization.