Children's Cottage Society
Until successful candidate is recruited
The Children’s Cottage Society is a charitable agency established in Calgary in 1986. The Society’s mission is “Building strong children and safe nurturing families through prevention programs and support services.”
We are looking for a results-orientated individual to support achieving the goal of $1.5 M for the organization. Reporting to the Director of Development, the successful candidate will be a well-rounded and experienced professional in the fund development arena of the non-profit sector. This is an exciting time to join the Society as we are embarking on a new chapter of growth and in the midst of a Capital Campaign.
- Achieve operational fundraising goals through the implementation of annual, corporate, foundation, major gifts programs; including the preparation and creation of grant applications, direct mail, and corporate proposals.
- Develop the annual Fund Development plan and budget in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Willing to learn the Raiser’s Edge program in order to analyze and manage donor data for ongoing use in development planning.
- Research and prioritize prospects for potential donations. Work with the Development Director to develop relationships with donors through a donor stewardship program.
- Lead the coordination, planning, development, and implementation of special events for the Society.
- Manage fundraising correspondence, report on outcomes, and provide reports to donors and the Society as required.
- Create and manage peer-to-peer fundraising platform as required for special events
- Participates in speaking engagements.
- Support and attend third party events taking place weekdays, evenings or weekends.
- Support the Capital Campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area and/or 2+ years of direct experience in fund development;
- Proven track record of successful goal achievements in fund development
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships with corporate partners, individual donors, volunteer boards, committees, peers and support staff;
- Familiarity with current communication and marketing trends and the usage of social media;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven public speaking abilities;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunities is an asset. Experience with a similar data base management system will be considered.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume with salary expectations quoting Competition # DC2021 to Careers: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Until successful candidate is recruited.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however will only contact those invited for an interview.
For more information about the Children’s Cottage, please visit: www.childrenscottage.ab.ca