Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the FDM is an integral part of the SCI-AB management team. The FDM will help ensure SCI-AB’s continued success by helping to build a culture of philanthropy from the grassroots, establishing philanthropic practices and procedures, identifying new donors and sponsors, stewarding existing donors and sponsors, and executing a variety of fundraising activities. This role requires an experienced, pioneering, outgoing, positive individual who can thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
The FDM must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all our stakeholders are excited, connected, and invested in the organization’s work.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Foster and maintain relationships with donors and sponsors through various points of stewardship and execute all parts of the donor experience promptly and with a high level of excellence and professionalism.
- Work in partnership with the CEO and Board of Directors to develop a culture of philanthropy from the grassroots.
- Lead the development of the organization’s first Fund Development Strategy.
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and build relationships with prospects and develop strategies and fundraising products such as legacy and major gift plans to attract a new generation of philanthropists to SCI-AB.
- Provide leadership of event planning and sponsor relationship management when required.
- Evaluate SCI-AB’s current DMS, @Ease, for efficiency and effectiveness, recommend its continued use or switch to a different platform.
- Ensure all current and future fundraising policies align with industry best-practice.
- Represent SCI-AB at networking and community events.
- Research grant opportunities and provide leadership to the grant application and administrative processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be willing to learn and understand the impact of spinal cord injury on individuals, their support network, and the community.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and prioritize responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must have the ability to lead with positivity while managing multiple deadlines and demands.
- Must possess vital networking and social skills.
- Donor-centric focus and stewardship capabilities.
- Must demonstrate exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Must have a post-secondary degree or diploma in fundraising, marketing, public relations or equivalent.
- 4-6 years’ experience as a successful fundraiser.
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
- Successful grant writing experience.
- Knowledge of the guidelines for charities from the CRA is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience and proficiency using Donor Management Software such as Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect, @Ease, SalesForce, Benevity.
Other Job Expectations:
- Conduct all day-to-day activities in accordance with SCI-AB’s vision and values.
- Reviews and adheres to SCI-AB’s human resource policies and procedures.
- Adheres to high standards of ethical practice and confidentiality.
- Participates as a professional, positive, and supporting team member.
- Provides feedback to the CEO regarding the attainment of outcomes.
Please email a letter of intent/introduction and resume to
Shaun Dyer, CEO
We thank everyone for their interest in this position; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.