Director, Annual GivingHospitals of Regina Foundation
Closing On: 2021-09-16
Location: Regina, SK
Employment Type: Full-Time
In 1987, a group of community-minded volunteers were recruited to get behind a capital campaign in support of Regina’s hospitals. It was supposed to be a one-time initiative to equip new operating rooms at the Regina General Hospital, but it became so much more. The success of the campaign resulted in the permanent establishment of Hospitals of Regina Foundation with the goal to enhance care in Regina’s hospitals for the benefit of people across southern Saskatchewan.
Since then, donors and community partners have been at the heart of the Foundation, donating more than $210 million for Regina’s three hospitals – Pasqua Hospital, Regina General Hospital and Wascana Rehabilitation Centre. With a team of 14, today they raise between $9-$10 million through annual giving, major and planned gifts, special events and a home lottery. The Foundation is seeking a highly-skilled Annual Giving leader to direct and grow their annual programs. This is an excellent career-making opportunity for an up-and-coming manager with strong Annual Giving and fundraising skills.
- Seven to ten years of broad-based experience in fundraising; at least five of which should be in Annual Giving
- Strong understanding of Annual Giving revenue streams: direct response, digital fundraising, monthly giving, intermediate annual giving and special events
- Demonstrated growth in the fundraising profession with a proven track record of success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Annual Giving best practices, current market conditions and revenue generation trends that could impact Annual Giving strategies
- Experience in planning and executing successful special events
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency rules and guidelines for generating tax receipts for donations and events
- Ability to work in a high-performing, highly professional and results oriented environment
- Organized with strong analytical skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of, and strong commitment to, fundraising ethical principles
- Leadership experience with responsibilities for direct supervision of staff and demonstrated success in mentoring
- Experience in budget creation and control
- Highly developed organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Raisers Edge skills highly desirable
- University degree or post-secondary diploma
- CFRE considered an asset
LIVING IN REGINA
Regina is the capital of Saskatchewan and has a population of 230,000; it is located in the south-central area of the province and is the sunniest capital city in Canada.
Regina is a welcoming and extremely affordable place to call home and raise a family. With hundreds of parks and an abundance of sport and recreation facilities, arts and cultural centres, museums and performance spaces, major attractions and events all year round, there is something for everyone. Libraries and bicycle pathways add to an exceptional quality of life.
THE FOUNDATION OFFERS YOU
The Hospitals of Regina Foundation has a healthy, collaborative work environment with full support of the Board and Senior Team for professional development, including support for your CFRE, annual conferences, and memberships. Salary is commensurate with experience and a full-benefit package is included for the Director, Annual Giving.
The salary range for this position is $80,000-$100,000. However, the Foundation may choose to make an offer outside of this range; a final offer will be dependent on the experience, skills and education of the selected candidate.
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Hospitals of Regina Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
For additional information, please reach out to Gina Eisler at 647.529.5106 or 866.647.5149. A full position profile is available; please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy.
All applications must be submitted online. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
To apply and submit your application by September 16, 2021 please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in two separate documents online. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.