(Recommended to include, but not required)
50,000 - 60,000
Join a dynamic team and big-hearted organization that makes a positive impact in our Calgary-based community – and have fun doing it!
The Fund Development Officer, under the supervision of the Manager, Fund Development & Communications, will create, nurture, and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to secure charitable contributions in support of Between Friends and the members we serve.
The incumbent will be responsible primarily for grant writing and funding application submissions, in addition to responding to other fundraising opportunities. The Fund Development Officer will also consistently identify and respond to sources of financial support from the wider philanthropic community on behalf of the organization.
This position is for YOU if:
- You are a self-motivated, organized and efficient communicator with strong, tactful writing and interpersonal skills. You are personable and able to develop a positive rapport with donors coming from a diversity of experience and backgrounds.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in writing for fundraising initiatives.
- You know how to build beneficial relationships with foundations, municipal/provincial/federal governments, corporate supporters, faith-based organizations, and service organizations/clubs.
- You have broader experience in donor relations, stewardship, and reporting responsibilities. You understand the importance of confidentiality and ‘customer service’ when it comes to individual donors and funding bodies.
- You are able to maintain multiple deadlines and projects at the same time and have near-flawless time management skills. You are able to zoom out on the priorities for the year ahead and plan accordingly.
- You have experience in annual planning and campaign development.
- You are a “details person” who gets a thrill out of project completion.
- You have a strong understanding of, and can ensure compliance with, AFP’s Code of Ethical Principles and Standards, the Government of Alberta’s Charitable Fundraising Act, Imagine Canada’s Standard Program and CRA regulations.
- You have coordinated and/or supported (online/in-person) events aimed at increasing organizational awareness and have encouraged direct giving.
- You are a team player who doesn’t mind donning different hats when needed. You enjoy working with smaller organizations where everyone naturally pitches in to create larger organizational success.
- Your technical proficiencies include experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and donor databases (Blackbaud, eTapestry preferred)
Between Friends is a charitable organization dedicated to providing quality social, recreation and development opportunities so that people with disabilities can connect, grow and belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences.
Benefits to Working for Between Friends
- Between Friends offers a fun and challenging work environment.
- Health and Dental Benefits are provided on a shared cost basis after successful completion of the probation period.
- Professional Development opportunities are available and encouraged.
- Strong promotion of work-life balance.
- Strong team environment.
- Relevant diploma or degree
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in the Fund Development field or fundraising experience
- Must complete and be clear of a Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Clearance Check
- Current First Aid & CPR Level C, certified
- Valid Driver’s License and use of own vehicle is required
Full time, Permanent Position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Office Location: 205, 8989 Macleod Trail S
Working environment: Office/Home hybrid. Staff are expected to work mostly from home, with office hours 1-2 days per week taking effect when we return to the office.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
*The Fund Development Officer will be required to work occasional evenings/weekends to attend programs, special events and/or agency awareness events.
We appreciate all applications, but only those being considered will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Application deadline: 4pm on September 1, 2021