Operation Eyesight Canada Inc.
Donor Relations Administrator – Calgary Office
JOIN OPERATION EYESIGHT AND HELP ELIMINATE AVOIDABLE BLINDNESS!
Operating since 1963, Operation Eyesight Universal is an international development organization dedicated to eliminating avoidable blindness. Working in Operation Eyesight’s Calgary corporate office, this role provides direct support for our Donor Relations team to ensure the continuation of our quality, comprehensive eye care activities in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. We offer a professional, friendly work environment and the opportunity to help make a meaningful difference in the countries in which we operate.
Position Title: Donor Relations Administrator
Reports to Position Title: Director of Development
As a member of the Donor Relations (DR) team, and reporting to the Director of Development, the Donor Relations Administrator is responsible for supporting the DR team in identifying, cultivating, securing, and stewarding support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and clubs/associations. Together, our goal is supporting our sight-saving work in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. This role will contribute to Operation Eyesight’s strategic plan, revenue goals and overall quality assurance.
The ideal candidate embraces the role of project management and systems/processes development as an essential part of a high-functioning DR team. The candidate is a proactive problem-solver who can easily engage in meaningful conversations with donors. The successful incumbent will be the backbone of a busy, successful DR team.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the achievement of operational fundraising goals through proficient project management and exemplary administration skills.
- Identify and research prospective donors.
- Prepare donor relationship managers for donor meetings by developing meeting briefs, one-pagers, donor reporting and presentations when needed.
- Administratively support the Director of Development by scheduling meetings, filing, preparing donor materials, and updating the CRM (Salesforce) as needed.
- Administratively support the advancement team with adhoc requests during busy periods such as certificate mailings, CRM (Salesforce) updates, stewardship research.
- Proactively support the advancement team (VP of Advancement, Director of Development, Director of Institutional Partnerships) by project-managing deadlines related to grant reporting and complex stewardship agreements.
- Set up campaigns in Salesforce related to events, fundraising, and stewardship.
- Manage DR’s stewardship mail-outs.
- Provide excellent donor service by responding to phone and email inquiries, especially during busy campaign seasons. Assist with processing gift orders as required.
- Keep accurate records about donors, prospects, gifts, and activities with them in Operation Eyesight’s CRM.
- Provide vacation coverage for the Office Manager and Office Administrator by receiving and responding to donor inquiries and answering the main telephone line.
- High ethical standards of behavior, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- A desire and passion to make a difference in developing countries through sustainable, community-based health solutions.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated desire to foster positive donor relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent planning, organization, project management and time-management skills.
- A natural problem-solver.
- Process oriented and systematic worker with a natural inclination to document work.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and ability to participate in all aspects of the donor cultivation cycle.
- Computer competency with word-processing, spreadsheet and PDF applications, CRM databases (e.g., Salesforce), and project management (e.g., Task Ray).
- Understanding of and adherence to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethical Standards.
Operation Eyesight’s values:
- Post-secondary education at the bachelor’s level or higher.
- Experience in fund development and/or customer service an asset.
- Experience with prospect research and project management.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing grant and gift agreements or sponsorship deliverables an asset.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Salesforce Administration Certificate an asset.
- Experience with project management tools such as Task Ray an asset.
- Knowledge of international development issues considered an asset.
This is a full time, permanent position with a comprehensive benefits program, excellent working environment, and a meaningful role. We offer a flexible work environment and competitive compensation for the successful candidate.
If this opportunity sounds like one you’d like to pursue, please submit your resume by September 30, 2021 to email@example.com. More information about Operation Eyesight can be found on our website at operationeyesight.com
Operation Eyesight would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.