Fund Development Director
Job Type: Full-time
The Fund Development Director (FDD) provides leadership to two direct reports and to volunteers dedicated to events and fund development. The primary purpose of this position is to increase ARBI’s organizational capacity through the development and execution of the strategic and integrated fund development plan. The FDD has primary responsibility for securing the approved budget requirements annually and as such ensures proposals, responses, stewardship, and reporting are always on target. The FDD is a member of ARBI’s leadership team and works collaboratively to support the organization’s strategic objectives. Additionally, the FDD maintains strong working relationships with stakeholders, ensuring resources, people and processes are in place so that ARBI can deliver quality services to clients.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Major Campaigns: Lead, develop, and execute major campaign plans; grow and sustain the current pipeline of major and planned gift donors; and build and maintain lifelong relationships between donors and the community to support a strong culture of philanthropy. This will include planning, organizing, and participating in events.
- Integrated Fund Development Program: Develop, manage, and implement an integrated fund development program to meet ARBI’s day-to-day operational, capital and infrastructure needs. Research and implement fund development strategies to enhance financial sustainability and the capacity for growth.
- Financial Forecasting: As part of the leadership team, build accurate financial forecasts for the budget year relative to fund development and communications.
- Marketing and Communications: With the Engagement and Communications Leader, create the agency’s marketing collateral, branding initiatives, social media presence, website, promotional and educational materials, and conference presentations, etc.
- Stakeholder Relations: Prepare the reports, presentations, and strategies for the Board, funders, and donors.
- Supervisory: Provide leadership to direct reports including performance planning, coaching and feedback, career development and recognition.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least five years’ experience of proven fundraising successes
- CFRE designation an asset
- Salesforce fluency
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills
- Successful grant and proposal writing skills
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
- Expertise in spreadsheets, presentation software and databases are considered assets
- Proven success in relationship building
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage
- Paid vacation starting at three weeks
- Group RRSP matching program
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Research/pilot project opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
Application Deadline: June 29, 2021
Please forward curriculum vitae to:
Luanne Whitmarsh, Executive Director