Fund Development Coordinator
(Full-Time, Permanent Position)
Heritage Park is looking for an experienced individual to join our Fund Development Department in the role of Fund Development Coordinator. Under the direction of the Director of Fund Development, the Fund Development Coordinator provides fundraising and administrative support for the Park’s fundraising initiatives. This role also works closely with donors and maintains strong working relationships. This is a full-time, year-round position with an excellent benefits and pension plan package
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracks and implements donor/sponsor fulfilment;
- Helps create and implement donor Stewardship Plans;
- Organizes various donor-related functions and Fund Development events Carnivale, Sam Livingston and others as assigned;
- Manages the Asset Sponsorship and Public Campaign offerings;
- Provides support to the Director of Fund Development and the Fund Development Department during meetings with potential donors and in the preparation of and follow-through on proposals, meetings and correspondence with donors;
- Assists with the preparation of communications material;
- Assists with follow-up on campaign solicitation visits including writing proposals, arranging for Park tours and special events at the Park;
- Assists with various recognition programs and initiatives for donors;
- Actively promotes bookings for the Founders’ Lounge, Gasoline Alley and other venues with our $100,000+ donors and their staff; provides booking confirmation to the Catering Event Planners to finalize arrangements;
- Organizes raffles, auctions and other fundraising efforts where you must solicit donations, apply for licences, and implement a lot of details in a coordinated organized way;
- Manages the Heritage Club and other fundraising membership programs;
- Coordinates volunteers who help with Fund Development support;
- Provide back up to the Donor Database Administrator; and
Works toward personal fund development targets.
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis in business, communications or administration preferred, and a minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising is required, including coordinating fundraising events, donor appreciation activities, sponsor fulfilment, and working directly with donors (or an equivalent combination of education and experience);
- Proven experience organizing fundraising events;
- Must have worked in a fund development team environment;
- a valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Competency with Raiser’s Edge a definite asset;
- Must possess exceptional public relations, interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills;
- Ability to prioritize and remain organized when you have multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- Experience working with volunteers, motivating them to support fund development efforts;
- Strong administrative and computer skills are required, including experience with MS Office software, desktop publishing, website maintenance, and A/V support;
- Interest and experience in working with diverse groups of people;
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to generate results while working independently; and
- Accuracy, attention to detail and respect for confidentiality are essential.
Hours of Work & Working Conditions:
- 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday;
- Early morning, evening and weekend work is required throughout the year;
- This position must be prepared to meet with donors at any time; professional business attire is therefore required; and
- May be required to wear a costume (as provided by the costume department) during certain fundraising events.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.